Dawk

📍Manchester, Jamaica | 🗓️ Same Night

Micheal's POV

Dem kind a people mek mi stay ah my yaad enuh.

Imagine you come out to enjoy a night with your friends and end up leaving in a body bag.

Can't even wul a vibe anymore to rass.

I grab Noelle's hand pulling her down as soon as the first set of shots start firing.

She holds on to my arm covering her head as we start to move out of the section.

"Wait mi caan leave mi cousin dem" she says to me pointing in their direction.

"Spragga get her out, mi have her cousin dem" I hear Nickoi call out, and I move on impulse.

I grab her closer, leading us through the crowd towards the large entrance doors.

As soon as we make it out, I feel around my pocket for my key, after ensuring I had my gun still tucked in my waist.

Hope dem nuh waan mi make the place get more dawk.

She's still crouched down, her frame tucked underneath me as I move us through the parking lot.

"Weh we a go, where is Nickoi? Mi caan lef without mi cousin dem" she cries out, I look down at her face and notice tears rolling down her cheeks.

Anuh suh mi did waan tonight fi go enuh.

When I first saw her come into the party earlier with her friends, my eyes went straight to her.

I have never seen a girl look so beautiful, her face seemed like something out of a dream.

I knew I had to make her mine.

All night I watched as she danced and talked with her friends, baddest gyal inna the whole place.

I wanted her to know that she had my attention, so I sent clear messages across the party all night.

And as soon as I got my chance with her dem fucka ya waan fi play shoot out...

I have to figure out who is responsible.

Nickoi did seh him have security on point tonight, but how comes someone who wasn't with our crew able to bring a gun inside?

Dat no mek sense.

"Don't worry yourself B, yuh cousin dem safe, dem deh wid Nickoi" I say to her, my voice coming out soft in an effort to comfort her.

I start to lead us closer to my car.

"Mine ah di white BMW ova dessoh" I say to her pointing and we move closer.

I unlock the car, and walk over to the passenger side before closing her door and moving over to the driver's side.

I survey the parking lot one last time before I hop in. Wild.

Mi haffi ketch di bwoy who responsible fi dis or my mada neva name mi Micheal.

I look over to see Noelle on a phone call.

I can't hear the other person on the call, so I listen in to what she is saying.

"Weh unuh deh.......yea......mi deh wid one ah him friend dem......okay mi soon reach"

She hangs up the phone and looks over at me, my eyes steady on her face.

"Dem deh wid Nickoi, him ago drop dem off ah mi aunty house, Nickoi ah ask if you caan bring mi round there to?"