Signs of the Times

**** Few Days Later / Tuesday, January 31st 2023 ****

Noelle's POV

Mi love mi job, Mr. Williams and Raina honestly mek mi excited fi come a work.

He's often out of the office due to the increase in cases the office has picked up over the past few months.

Most days he's either in court, meeting with clients, or working with his other colleagues.

That meant me and Raina always deh back ah each other.

I really enjoyed her company, it was nice having someone I knew here in Jamaica other than my family.

She was my first friend here.....she may honestly actually be my only friend.

Wait dis kinda sad likkle bit...hate dis fi mi.

Growing up I didn't have that many friends growing up, so I literally did not have many people who I talked to other than my cousins.

With my currently not talking to Abi, I was practically also lowkey avoiding Keri-Anne so I was really only hanging around Micheal, Renee, and Angel these days.

"Noelle yuh cyaa kotch up ah yuh yaad every weekend, yuh need fi come wid mi an mi fren dem"

"Mi go out sometime unuh, wid mi boyfriend sista and mi other fren" I reply to her, she's standing over my desk leaning on the table.

"Yes but dat ah juss sometime, yuh young and yuh pretty, yuh need fi be outside!"

True she nuh know seh Micheal woulda deh right back a mi....

"Listen, mi ah have one likkle get together after work Friday wid some of mi fren dem. Yuh can invite you boyfriend sista and unuh come"

Hmmm....mi know mi woulda like fi meet some new people, but Renee just start her "healing era" and Angel is literally on the verge of giving birth like any day now.

"Yea? Text mi di details, mi we ask mi fren if dem waan fawud"

She nods her head in response, pulling out her phone to text me her address.

I look down at my phone to check the time, scrolling through my notification bar to see if there were any messages that I had missed.

From: KeriKeri💙

'Mi nuh waan get between yuh an Abi, but mi feel seh mi an yuh need fi talk'

Mi love Keri-Anne enuh, but mi swear to God if a foolishness she waan talk bout she nah go like mi when mi done.

Mi nuh like being at odds wid dem right now, and this may her attempt to take her sister's side.

But mi ago have likkle faith inna her, because all ah Niki gyal pickney cyaa so fo-fool.

To: KeriKeri💙

'Yea me too....yuh waan come by after mi leff work?'

From: KeriKeri💙

'Yea babes'

Okay her tone is still a little bit positive, so maybe I won't be waking into a house on fire.

Raina and I decided to order in for lunch today, we were honestly starting to get backed up a bit with tasks in the office, so it was best for us to work and eat.

Mrs. Williams would be back in the office next week, so we were trying to make sure she didn't come back to stuff all over the place.

"Oh Noelle, mi figet fi tell yuh. Yesterday when yuh did leff early, one man come in here and ask fi yuh by name"