Miss You Already

**** One Week Later / Saturday, June 10th 2023 ****

Renee's POV

"Renee anuh suh mi raise yuh fi act...."

My mother's voice bellows towards me as she finds a seat next to me on the couch.

All she wah do ah talk bout di situation wid Noelle.

Ever since we got back from Panama dis has become a daily fucking thing.

"Yuh nuh haffi like har, but yuh aguh respect har...Noelle is ah very nice girl and yuh nah go trouble her just because yuh ah deal wid yuh own personal shit" she lectures.

Own personal shit....

Don't know why people cyaa juss seh mi ah grieve.

Mi boyfriend dead and gone leff mi, suh yes mi ah deal wid shit.

Maybe it wasn't in the way everyone expected and wanted me to be dealing with it, but ah suh it go sometimes.

Cyaa please everybody.

Worst part ah seh mi nuh really have nutt'n againts Noelle.

Honestly, mi juss feel ah way seh she ah stick up fi har cousin, and nah tek my side.

She really let this girl talk to me any kind of way dah night deh and didn't defend me.

Stood there while her cousin practically attacked me, and didn't help to de-escalate the situation or hold her accountable.

Then had the fucking nerve to blame me, as if I started it.

Fucking delusional...both of them!

Then she ah walk roun like har shit don't smell, pon her fucking high and mighty bullshit.

'Ms. Keep The Peace'

Can't believe seh people ah really fall fi har act.

Now mi ah start fi realize weh Amoya did ah talk bout.

Di girl fake...

"Mommy mi nuh know why yuh keep on ah talk to har...she nuh wah listen suh mek she learn di hard way"

Micheal's voice calls from the kitchen, I soon see his silhouette make its way to sit across from us on the other couch.

We had been back to staying at our house since we arrived in Jamaica, he thought it would be too much for us to stay with him and Noelle.

Something I fully agreed with.

"Feel like seh ah everybody against Renee these days....." I mutter to myself.

"If Renee woulda start act like she have likkle sense maybe she wouldn't feel this way" he snaps back at me.

My own brother ah turn pon mi too...

Yea mi undastand seh she ah him ooman, but he was my brother first.

No one was trying to understand what I was feeling, what I was going through.

Yes, Nardo was a bad guy.

But before all this shit hit the fan he was still my boyfriend, someone who I really loved.

And now, he was dead.

Someone took this man from me, in cold-blooded murder.

"You never want to see my side of things, neither of you do, always ah pick up fi Noelle" I exclaimed.