Intentions

📍Manchester, Jamaica | 🗓️ Sunday, December 11th

Noelle's POV

I dreamt about him, it was as if I couldn't escape him even in my dream world.

My mind thought back to the moments we shared in the car last night, how much body craved his touch, how his presence had me mystified.

I wanted more of him...I needed more.

"Noelle, come go round ah Sharon shop fi mi" I hear a voice from outside my bedroom.

I open the door to listen closer.

"Mi need one pound a rice and one pound a sugar" Aunty Niki calls to me from the kitchen.

I walk out of my bedroom to see her in the kitchen, hard at work prepping for tonight's Sunday dinner.

"Mi a go mek rice an peas and likkle barbeque chicken, dis a Shane favorite meal enuh?" She begins to say before trailing off into thought.

"Him woulda love fi be here now" she says to me, reaching into her brassiere to retrieve some cash before handing it to me.

"One pound a rice and one pound a sugar" I repeat her request to myself out loud and she laughs before hurrying me out of the house.

As I walked along the road towards the shop, my mind was completely preoccupied with thoughts of my date tonight.

I needed to make sure I put together a bomb-ass outfit.

Hot gyal.....neva a what? Awoh!

Micheal texted me earlier this morning, to confirm our plans...I can't wait to see him.

To how the sun hot today by the time I reached the shop I felt sweat all over my body.

I really need to get a small portable fan or something, because mi nah dead out yah.

There was a small table outside where some men were sitting around and talking, I saw a girl who looked about my age serving at the front as I got closer.

"Hello darling, mi can get yuh number baby" one of the older men calls out to me, his words sounding slurred.

Not even one inna di afternoon an di man deh a shop and drunk.

Rum behavior fi real...

I try to ignore him because honestly mi nuh waan cuss out nobody grandfada today enuh.

Mi know how my mouth tan already, and mi head nuh too fully deh deh, so it's better if mi bill.

I turn my attention to the girl inside instead, "Hello, Good afternoon" I say to her, trying to get her attention as her eyes are glued to her cellphone.

Her hair was in a short bob-cut lace wig, she had on an oversized t-shirt and some biker shorts.

Her skin was flawless, she didn't look like someone who ever needed to wear any makeup.

Dah gyal yah nice fi real.

"Sorry mi neva see yuh enuh, weh yuh need?" she looks up at me with a smile, placing her phone on the counter area.

"No worries, mi caan have one pound a rice and one pound a sugar please and thanks"

She nods in response before heading to the back of the shop.

"Yuh mada neva teach yuh fi have manners?" I hear a voice say behind me.

Muss be di old dawg.....

"Ah wah? Stick bruk off inna yuh ears?" He says, louder this time, as I sense his body move closer to me.

I freeze. Mi a go tump dung dah man yah enuh, mi nuh fraid fi beat man.