Nah Let Go

📍Manchester, Jamaica | 🗓️ The Same Day

Keri-Anne's POV

Is like dah bwoy yah waan mi fi find him an beat him.

Mi nuh know why Blacks nuh stop call mi phone...when I said I was done mi did mean it.

I've been avoiding him like crazy at work, I even went as far as to ask my supervisor to schedule my shifts on the days that he wouldn't be working.

Mi nuh know why mi neva listen to Shane enuh, den mi wouldn't even have fi medz this right now.

*ring ring ring ring ring* my ringtone goes off.

That was his sixth call in the past half an hour.

The constant calling and texting was honestly starting to give me anxiety, I even had to leave work early today for this very reason.

Mi did miss mi man enuh, but it would take more than a few phone calls to fix the sh*t he got us into.

My man.....?

Wid all weh a gwaan right now dat not even sound right.

I decided it was probably best to try and distract myself, so I got up off my bed and walked towards the living room.

I was hoping the change in scenery would help me to think a little bit better. Right as I was about to sit on the couch, I heard a knock on the front door.

Mi hope anuh one ah mommy fren dem, mi cyaa bada wid the whole heap a chatting right now.

I open the door and I see a familiar face. Blacks standing on the steps with a bouquet of flowers.

Ole crawsis think seh couple roses can fix this sh*t.....

"Keri-Anne, baby mi miss yuh" is the first thing he says, I quickly scan over his face and notice the heavy bags that were underneath his eyes.

He's probably not getting enough sleep...

"Mi know seh mi nuh deserve yuh enuh, and mi know seh mi f*ck up everything weh we did a build"

He's right, because why would you think it was okay to plan to kill my brother and not tell me?

Dat mek sense?

"But mi waan fix this babes, mi wah yuh back. Mi we kill miself if yuh leff mi fi real enuh Keri" he says to me as tears start to fall from his eyes.

This was the first time I had ever seen him cry, Black nuh do dem type ah sumn deh.

Den dis mussi serious to rass...

He reaches out to hand me the flowers, I hesitate a bit before I accept them.

Before I could pull away I felt his hands move to grab my waist, and in just seconds we were just a few inches away from each other.

"Yuh nuh miss me?" he asks, pulling me from out of my thoughts.

"No. Ah yuh money mi miss, mi nuh miss yuh" I shoot back, trying to keep my calm.

The feeling of our bodies this close to each other was starting to drive me a bit crazy, it had been days since I had seen him, and I didn't realize how much I had missed his presence.

Stay strong Keri-Anne...

"How much yuh want?" he says to me a small smile playing on his lips.

"Well for the emotional damages I have experienced over the past few days, I would need a minimum of $10,000 USD" I respond, my eyes now locked on his.

"Yuh chest high yuh f*ck" he begins to say I watch as his brows start to furrow, "but nuh seh 40... check yuh account tomorrow"