Trust Issues

NOTE: This chapter has a lot of time switches, we move between a series of different flashbacks and the present day. I tried to add a few 'chapter references' to give a stronger chronological order. If at any time you start to feel confused or need a timeline refresher, please don't hesitate to drop comments or message me here or on IG with any questions.

Alright, mi done talk...happy reading!

**** The Same Day / Saturday, June 17th 2023 ****

Raina's POV

"William just call mi and seh him have har" Zion's voice calls out to me from the stairs.

I look up to see him looking down at me from the balcony, a sinister look on his face.

I felt myself feel instantly sick as I listened to his words.

No matter how much convincing he has done, I still can not feel good about being a part of this with him.

Noelle was my friend...

Or at least she was, now that this plan has been set into motion, I doubt she will be after this is all over with.

The guilt of this has been eating me alive.

Split between protecting my friend, and being loyal to my man.

Ultimately, I chose Zion, I felt that I had no other choice.

He was the father of my two children, and I knew that everything he did was what he felt was best for us.

I couldn't go against that.

Plus in some ways, I acted out of fear.

I knew better than to anger him, I didn't want to face any possible repercussions.

But I still feel a way that Noelle had to get caught in the crossfire of all this, especially since she's pregnant.

When he first approached me with the plan, I was shocked that he was even considering taking part in something like this.

"Mek sure seh him nuh hurt har please, mi woulda neva be able fi live wid miself" I reply to him.

How are you living with yourself now...?

"Doh medz dat...cause mi neva ask fi har untouched" he begins to say.

"Only thing mi ask fah ah seh she reach alive" he snaps back at me.

I looked back at the man whom I once thought I knew, and all of a sudden he looked unfamiliar.

This was a side of him, I had never seen in my life, a certain kind of wickedness had since taken over the man whom I once loved.

And in that very moment, I felt chills run down my spine, as I took this all in.

Raina, you really fucked up this time.

**** FLASHBACK / Monday, April 10th 2023 ****

Chronological Reference: A few days after 'Deja Vu' Chapter

Raina's POV

Plain sight is the best place to hide things.

No one goes looking for stuff right in front of them, our subconscious will instead try to trick us into a state of paranoia.

Causing us to believe that what we are trying to find, or better yet what is after us, is stuck somewhere deep in the shadows.

And in the end, you end up missing the enemy who has been staring you in the face the entire time.