Other Side Of The Game

**** The Next Day / Tuesday, June 20th 2023 ****

Noelle's POV

If I ever get the chance to write an autobiography, this part of the book is gonna be what makes it a best-selling novel.

Cause dis still feel like a prank...

I am not sure if I am just high off adrenalin and anxiety right now, but I am still struggling to fully grasp my present reality.

It feels unreal.

And I know I keep saying that everything is cinematic, but I really mean it.

It feels as if someone is writing my present moments, and with every line, they decide to include the wildest shit they could think of.

A part of me has spent the past few days hoping that this would be one of those damsel-in-distress situations, praying that my night in shining armor would ride in on a white horse and save me.

Obviously, I am too far out of it.

Yes, this shit feels cinematic, but it's far from a fairytale.

"If you keep on refusing to eat Noelle you will pass out in here" Kaelah shouts at me, as she tries once again to force the spoon in my mouth.

I decided yesterday that I would go on a hunger strike, hoping that this protestation would cause them to at least showcase some sort of sympathy.

Kahlil and Zion were not the people I was hoping to appease, they were far past sympathetic.

And Will was far from being a target for anyone.

Kaelah on the other hand, was my main target.

I had overheard her talking to Zion about her kids, so my goal was to weaponize the mother card.

In other circumstances, I would be feeling guilty for using emotional manipulation in this way, but this was not any other circumstance.

I was on the edge of a do-or-die situation, and this was giving more of the die part.

"From the looks of it...you seem to be in like what? Your third trimester?" she says, looking down to analyze my bump.

She was close.

I was one week away from my third trimester...crazy to even think about.

"Plus I heard you were pregnant with twins...so you can not starve yourself, you are literally eating for three people"

I move my head away to avoid eye contact, choosing not to engage in any dialogue with her.

I needed to rile her up even more, and then when the moment was right I would strike.

I wanted to use her own emotions against her, push her to a place where she would be so charged up that I could put my plan into full effect.

I had spent all last night thinking of it.

The perfect plan, for the most fucked up of situations.

"Mi nah guh force yuh fi do nutt'n weh yuh nuh wah do...but if you pass out in yah memba seh ah your fault" she screams at me, flinging the bowl and spoon onto the old wooden table next to us.

Now!

Before she can turn on her heels to leave the room, I call after her.

"Wait wait...please don't leave yet" I try to make my voice come out meek.