He's Mine

**** The Next Day / Sunday, February 12th 2023 ****

Angel's POV

Literally, fuck whoever told mi that mi neva did need fi get di epidural.

Mi neva feel dem kinda pain deh inna mi life yet before, is like seh mi pumpum did waan fall offa mi body to raatid.

As soon as mi drop him out, I vowed to myself that I would never go through this ever again.

Pregnancy was manageable, but the birth was literally like fighting demons.

Mi did almost lose dah battle deh, because to how the pressure start build up unda mi, mi swear mi nearly pass out.

But even with all of the pain that I went through, I would have done it again thousands of times if it meant that I would get to have my sweet baby boy in my arms.

Nothing can replicate the love you feel for your firstborn.

It was like my heart had grown a full size to make room for him.

Early this morning, my water broke and mi and Nickoi rushed dung ah di hospital.

He was literally panicking all the way there which mek mi panic and di two ah we ah panic dung di people dem establishment.

I called my parents to let them know, but to how Kingston far from Mandeville I knew there would be a chance they wouldn't get here in time.

I wanted them here for this though, we may not always get along but I was their only child anf this was their first grand-child.

Mi woulda wicked fi leff dem outta dis....

Nickoi and I decided to inform our parents, and that we would wait on letting our friends know until after the baby was born.

Our friends love come wid excitement and mi know seh dat woulda overwhelm me.

Mi know seh mi cuss him and act cross and miserable morewhile enuh, but when it come to dah men deh name Nickoi Burrows......ah mi best friend inna di whole world.

Mi seh mi woulda neva come outta dis alive if him neva deh yah wid mi.

Nickoi literally deserves the Baby Father of the Year award, nobody is doing it like my boyfriend.

He was truly my greatest support system throughout my entire pregnancy and my entire labor and delivery.

As Kartle woulda seh, if mi love yuh one more time it woulda be a God damn crime.

Because Junior was not in any rush fi come out ah him mada vagina hole, both of our parents made it in time to the hospital for his birth.

They only allowed two outside guests in the room with me though, so I decided it would be best for just Koi and mommy fi be wid mi.

Mi fada did ah try carry feelings bout mi decision but him lucky!

The crazy part about my delivery though was that it was over as quickly as it had begun.

Which was insane, because I was in labor for like nearly 8 hours.

But my most precious creation, our sweet baby boy, came to us as a dream come true this evening.

I welcomed Najae Kadian Burrows into this world with his father and grandmother by my side.

Nothing in this world matters when I hold him in my arms, he always has my full focus.

It was as if God perfectly hand-placed everything on his little body, and I was so proud to call him mine.

Nickoi was even happier, it was like nobody else existed when he was holding Najae.

I was so happy to see my baby with our baby.

Najae would be my saving grace, he was my light in the dark already, and I had only known him for just a few hours.

I had never believed in love at first sight until our eyes met.

But my boy was just too perfect to not love, and I couldn't wait to share him with all of his aunties and uncles who I knew would love him just as much.

Najae was heaven-sent in every way.

"Yuh waan mi fi tek him suh yuh can get likkle sleep" Koi's voice calls out to me as he approaches my hospital bed.

I had been doing skin-to-skin with Najae for the past hour, while also trying to work on breastfeeding him.

My plan is to make sure he is exclusively breastmilk-fed for at least the first two years.

Ah suh mi ah seh know....but we will see how that holds up.

"Yea babe can you take him please, mi ah run off ah one hour ah sleep"

Ah part of me didn't want to hand him over just yet, I think I saw some girl make a video about this and she said this was called "new mom guilt".

It was like I felt bad about not spending every minute with him, to the point where I felt anxious about sleeping and leaving him in the care of someone else, even his father.

And it's literally only been 4 hours with him....

Mi hope Najae know seh him mada head likkle chippy sometimes.

I pass him over to Nickoi who grabs hold of his tiny body before moving down to place a kiss on my lips before walking back to sit on the couch in the hospital room.

Mi cyaa wait fi tell mi fren dem, mi haffi mek sure seh everybody get dem picture ah him.

I started to get comfortable in the bed, pulling the blanket over my body as I adjusted the pillows underneath my head.

Najae really give mi ah purpose, is like seh mi ah live mi life fi two people now.

Mi cyaa wait till him start walk and talk, him ago be mi likkle paarie.

Hope seh him nuh come eehn like him popa wid di attitude though, one Nickoi is enough fi mi head top.

As I started to slowly drift off into sleep, all I could think about was waking up and getting to experience the next moments of him in my arms.

Mi love him till mi cyaa love him nuh more....

My whole heart is in human form.

**************************************************************

A/N

Welcome baby Najae! 🍼💙

The chapter was quick but I wanted to include a personal section for Angel's birth story before we move on to following our other storylines -- hope you guys enjoyed it 🫶🏾