Prince regent (41)

The empress dowager lingered in the dungeon. The emperor didn't even know or cared about it. He also ordered Furong to torture the empress dowager. It would be better for the empress dowager to die. Furong naturally pretended to respond, but the only thing she did every day was to try her best to stimulate the emperor. The emperor became more irritable and irritable, sometimes losing his temper when he was in a bad mood for no reason.

Originally, the ministers of the imperial court had to visit the palace every few days to visit the emperor and ask about his physical condition. Who knows, without exception, all suffered from the seedlings. Everyone was scolded by the emperor to the blood. One minister was used by the emperor. The cup broke his head, and another minister was beaten by the emperor. Xu Zifan ordered them to bow their heads outside the door to greet them, and they don't have to go inside to see him. The Manchu civil and military officials were grateful to him, and no one suspected that he imprisoned the emperor.

And the emperor's reputation for being violent and unscrupulous gradually spread, even out of the capital, and many ridiculous things done by the previous emperor have become a topic of discussion after dinner. Although the imperial court strictly forbids any discussion, Xu Zifan did not order anyone to arrest the people, and the people did not have much fear. It was indispensable to close the door and talk quietly. Since then, the court and the people have no good impressions of the Queen Mother, the emperor, the empress, and the Fu family. They have been preaching extremely bad deeds. There have been remarks that the emperor should abdicate.

There were also some fluctuations in the court. The royal family and clans fought fiercely. They kept courting ministers in private, and often asked the wife of the family to bring their children into the palace to please the queen and Furong. The queen was naturally moved, but she was ignored by her and she had no right to speak. Gradually, all the wives asked for Furong, hoping that the imperial concubine could adopt her son.

Of course, Furong would not miss this opportunity to stimulate the emperor. Every time she had children in the palace, she would immediately bring them in for the emperor to see. Sometimes she kindly said that these children are sensible, and they must be outstanding after they grow up. Sometimes she is sad that she lost her small birth That child still looked out the window lonely after the child left, her words and deeds stimulated the emperor.

It is an extremely painful thing for a man, especially an emperor, to cut off his grandchildren and have no heirs. Every time it was mentioned, it hurts muscles and bones. The pain was so painful that the emperor lost his temper with Furong and the child. Furong expressed apologies to those ladies. After that, the news spread that the emperor refused to adopt stepchildren and could not tolerate the children. Even the clan was extremely dissatisfied with the emperor and began to tentatively propose a new emperor.

There is a lot of noise in the court, and sometimes there are endless arguing about these things, but in fact this is not a big deal. Those who have real power are silent, and those who stand out are all those who have identity and no power. These things not only didn't make them profitable, but also made Xu Zifan's reputation even better.

It is he who stabilizes the court, he takes care of the overall situation, he does not abandon the emperor, he suppresses troubles, and he is ruling the country!

Day after day, all the ministers and even all the people recognized this more and more. No one knew the name of the regent. Because of people's curiosity, all the political achievements of the regent from his youth to his current position have been extolled one by one. Even the six years of suppressing other forces are regarded as a symbol of strength, compared with the emperor, standing on top Now.

Xu Zifan has been paying attention to the situation at the border. The spies discovered the enemy's changes in advance. Xu Zifan immediately made preparations and proposed to go to the battlefield to personally confront the enemy. The courtiers were naturally unwilling. The emperor relied on the regent to deal with the affairs of the court. Even if they were ambitious, the courtiers had more than enough energy and lacked strength. The whole court was under the control of Xu Zifan. They were afraid that something happened to Xu Zifan and the court would be upset. what.