Chapter 26

Peter. Peter. Peter.

He's all I could think about..he's all I can see. His hungry eyes and creepy grin. It was a image I wanted so badly to go away.

"I'll see you again very soon Allison."

"I see the way each of them look at you. I finally have a chance of hurting them."

"I better make sure to do the worse thing possible to her."

Please make him go away. "Make him go away!" My eyes shot open and I sat up in bed, breathing heavily with sweat dripping down my forehead.

"It's okay," Luke cooed, sitting up and wrapping his arms around me. "He's not here. It's just me and you." His voice sounded as if he was in pain. And I knew it was because of me.

"I'm sorry Luke."

"You're sorry? Why?"

"I'm making everyone worry about me which is causing you all to become sad. All because I'm overreacting over the...Peter situation," I said the last two words quietly.

He pulled away from me and held onto my shoulders, staring into my eyes. "Don't think that. Yes we're worried but only because you mean so much to all of us," he softly smiled, pulling me into his chest, resting his chin on my head. "I'll protect you." I smiled, closing my tired eyes.

"Then I'll stay by your side forever," I mumbled before drifting off to sleep.

~*~

"I heard you slept over at the Ramsey brothers house last night. How was that?" Laura wiggled her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes.

"It was a lot of fun, right Allison?" Jai joined in on the conversation. "You were like a wild tiger in b-" I slapped my hand over his mouth, causing him to groan in pain.

"Shut up. People are staring at us oddly," I said, looking around at the people by us. "And stopping telling lies," I slapped him on the arm before walking away from him and Laura.

"Allison let's go to the movies tonight, okay?" Lara called out.

"Okay!" I called back.

I entered the classroom to see Luke's desk pushed up against mine. I went over and sat down next to him. A few students gave us confused looks and started whispering about how shocking it was to see Luke befriend someone other than his brothers.

"Hey," he widely smiled.

"...Hey," I suspiciously squinted my eyes at him. Why is he so happy today? "Is there something you want to tell me?"

"You look pretty today."

I blushed. "Thanks but you saw me at your house this morning and didn't tell me I looked pretty then."

"I was going to but my brothers were always around and I got...shy," he mumbled, looking down at his pencil while spinning it around. Why is he so darn cute?

"I believe you," I leaned in and kissed his cheek. Once I leaned back and realized what I just did. I felt my cheeks become warm in embarrassment. The students around us all stopped talking and was now staring at us with their mouths slightly opened. I can't believe I just kissed him in school. Great..I wasn't planning on being the topic of everyone's conversations today. But then again I don't really care.

The teacher finally came into the classroom. That was Luke's cue to leave. So he quickly scooted his desk away from mine so that he wouldn't get yelled at.

Class went by fast. Thanks to Luke who kept trying to get me to to laugh throughout the whole time. He only made me laugh once and sadly I got in trouble for it.. I'll make sure to get him back for that.