Chapter 31 (The End)

Liam and I were driving back to the hospital when I got a call from Jai, informing us that Luke has woken up and has been asking for me.

I felt my heart pounding against my chest as we got closer to the hospital. I wanted nothing more than to be able to see that Luke is okay with my own eyes.

After what I witnessed, I really just needed to wrap my arms around Luke and never let him go. He means the world to me and I hate that it took me until now to realize that.

As we arrived to the hospital, I didn't wait up for Liam. I ran into the hospital and made my towards Luke's room. It was like my mind had forgotten everything else besides Luke.

Jai and Ashton come into view. They walk up to me and Ashton grabs my hand, stopping me from going into Luke's room. I give him a look and he frowns.

"Go easy on him. Try not to overwhelm him. He's been through a lot." Ashton states.

"I know that, Ashton," I say, my eyes falling to the ground. "I know..."

Ashton let's go of my hand and Jai puts his hands on my shoulders. "Don't blame yourself for what happened, okay?" I nod but don't make eye contact with him. I move away from them when Liam approaches us clearly out of breath. "Damn, looks like you just ran a marathon."

Liam hunches over, his hands on his knees. "How about you try catching up to her." He indicates to me.

"Sorry." I mumble.

He finally catches his breath and looks at us and then to Luke's hospital door. "How is he?"

Ashton shrugs. "He says he's fine but he hasn't said much except for how he wants to speak with Ali."

"Mom is in there talking to him." Jai says.

"Mom..." Liam voice is low. "How is she?"

"Devastated. Heartbroken."

The sound of a click from the door grabs our attention. Their mom walks out, sniffling. She glances at me and smiles weakly. "I'm glad you're here Allison. Luke has been talking about you and can't stop worrying if you're okay."

Typical Luke worrying about me instead of himself. I can't help but tear up. "He should be worrying about himself instead of me." I cry, wiping my tears away.

Their mom comes over and gently hugs me. "My son needs you. I can see how his eyes light up when he talks about you. You mean a lot to him. I think it's time for you to go in and see him." She steps away from me and goes to her sons.

I swallow a lump in my throat and walk into the room. My heart races as I get closer and closer to the hospital bed.

Luke comes into view, sitting up on the bed. His eyes meet mine and he genuinely smiles. "Allison."

I smile, with tears streaming down my face. "Luke."

I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him. "I'm so sorry for everything."

"Don't apologize. This isn't your fault. I'm just glad you're here." He hugs me tightly then let's go and moves over to pat the small space beside him. "Sit up here with me."

"Are you sure?" I look down at his wrists that are covered in bandages. I didn't want to hurt him.

"Yes I'm sure. I'm fine don't worry."

I carefully sit up with him and he takes a hold of my hand. "I'm sorry about what happened. I can't imagine how traumatized you were seeing me like that."

"It was terrifying Luke. I never want you to feel that way or do that ever again. I-I thought I was going to lose you."

"I'm so sorry Allison." He apologizes again in a shaky voice.

"Please don't scare me like that ever again. I love you Luke. You mean so much to me and I'm sorry it took me this long to figure that out."

"You love me?" He asks in complete shock.

"Yes I do."

"Like love love?"

I chuckle a bit, turning to face towards him. "Yes, love love."

His eyes light up and he gives me a goofy grin. One that I haven't seen on him before. He looks so adorable and excited.

I surprise myself by leaning in and giving him a long, passionate kiss that he happily returns back to me.

Our lips part and he plants a soft kiss on my forehead. "You mean a lot to me too. I love you, Allison."

Sorry for the long wait!

There might be some spelling/grammar mistakes.

Thank you all for reading this story until the end and continuing to support me even though I'm horrible at updating! Lol. I honestly appreciate it so much! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I hope everyone is doing okay and is always happy and healthy! :)