Chapter 18

"Hey," I smiled at Liam. Who is standing beside my locker wearing his black framed glasses, and holding a book he probably brought from home. "What's up?" I asked as I unlocked my locker.

"I was wondering if you would come to my soccer game tonight."

"I don't know. My mom wants me to stay home. She says I've been out of the house way too much."

"Please come. I really want you to. Nobody else is coming and it would mean a lot if you watched me play. I'll even ask your mom for you. I bet she'll say yes to me," He smirked, pushing his glasses closer to his face. Aw. He's so adorable whenever he does that.

"Fine I'll go," I sighed. "But you owe me."

"Anything you want!"

"I don't want to be left alone with my sister, her annoyingly friends and her new boyfriend tonight for dinner. I want for you to come. Oh and my mom will be there too but she's cool."

"I get to meet the family already?" I rolled my eyes and he chuckled. "Alright I'll do it but you're not going to make me be your fake boyfriend so you can impress your mom and show off to your sister and her friends, right?"

I closed my locker and playfully pushed his shoulder. "Oh shut up. I'm not going to do that."

"You should. I wouldn't mind pretending to be your boyfriend for a day." My heart sped up at the thought of him being my boyfriend. Even if it would be for just a day.

"Let's just get to class," I said, walking down the hallway with him by my side.

~*~

"I've missed you. I feel like I haven't hung out with you in a while. I think the Ramsey brothers are stealing you away from me," Lara frowned.

"They will never steal me away from you," I wrapped my arms around her and she rested her chin on my shoulder. "Let's hangout this weekend."

"Okay sounds good."

"I'll see you later," I waved at her before jogging off. Liam's game is right after school and I was running a little late. Hopefully he won't think I'm ditching him. I came to a complete stop when I saw Luke hunched over with three very familiar guys standing in front of him. Luke had his hood on like usual. I couldn't see his face very well but I did see blood trickling down the corner of his mouth. "I'm getting the teacher!" I yelled at the three boys who turned their heads in my direction. They both shot me death glares before running away. I sighed in relief. Thank goodness my plan worked. I was afraid they would come after me.

I jogged over towards Luke and stood in front of him, staring at his beat up face. His left cheek is bright red and his bottom lip looks like it's already swollen. "Who were those guys? Are you okay?"

"Just a couple of assholes but yeah I'm fine. Don't worry about me," He moved his head to the side so I couldn't look at his face.

"What did they want?"

"Nothing.." He muttered.

"Luke, tell me."

"They're enemies of me and my brothers but mostly Ashton's and they wanted to give him a message." A message?

"What was the message?"

"Me." It took me a few seconds to figure out what he meant by him being the message but then I figured it out. They beat him up and wanted Ashton to see what they've done to Luke. Telling Ashton that they're serious about something but what exactly is that something?

"Ashton must have done something really bad to make them this mad. Do you know what he did?"

"It's better if you don't know," He placed his hands into his jean pockets and walked off. I followed beside him.

"But I want to know. Just tell me."

"I can't be the one to tell you. He needs to. Sorry but I have to go."

"Are you going to be okay?" I asked, stopping myself from walking any further. I still had to go to Liam's game. I wasn't about to ditch it. No way.

"Yeah. I'll talk to you later," He said before walking out of the school doors. I frowned, thinking he's probably far from okay.

I should chase after him but he's probably already getting into his car by now. It was too late. Speaking of late. I need to get going to Liam's game before I'm even later than I already am.

I started jogging down the hallways, hoping Liam won't be mad at me for missing half of his game.

Omg there is only going to be 8 more chapters left of this story!!! :((((

I'm so sad that it will have to come to an end soon. I really do love writing this story and updating for you all. :)

I have to say this is by far my favorite story to write and I really do love the characters in this story.

Thank you to everyone who has voted and commented. I might not reply to some comments but I make sure to read all of them!<3 Oh and also thank you to the shy readers. You might not vote or comment but I appreciate you reading this story! It means a lot.

Have a great day readers!! Bye!