Chapter 17

I woke up to see Luke staring at me. His eyes widened and his cheeks turned a light pink. He quickly turned over on his side so that his back is facing me. "Were you watching me sleep?" I asked.

"No I wasn't."

"I'm pretty sure you were."

He groaned. "No I wasn't!" He repeated, this time louder. He's embarrassed it's cute.

"It's okay if you were. You just kind of made yourself look like a creeper though," I laughed. Earning a pillow to the face. "Hey! That wasn't very nice!"

"You had it coming," He turned around so that he is facing me. He stared into my eyes and smiled.

"I had it coming?" I questioned, glaring at him. "I didn't even do anything. You were the one watching me sleep. You weirdo," I playfully pushed his arm. "Now who's the one staring?" I teased. Usually I was the one who stared at him. Well in class I usually did, but now he was the one staring and I couldn't help but smile.

He rolled his eyes. "Anyways, let's get ready for hell," He climbed out of bed, revealing his bare chest and back. Again, I noticed the scars on his body. I hesitated thinking if I should ask him about them or not.

"Get ready for hell?" I furrowed my eyebrows. Confused at what he meant.

"School."

"Oh..."

"Yeah, so get ready."

"But I don't have anything. I would need to go home. Can't we just skip school today?" I sighed, looking up at the ceiling. I wouldn't mind spending some more time with Luke. "Please skip school with me," I begged, making my best puppy face.

He looked over at me and laughed. "You really want me to skip school with you that bad?" I nodded aggressively causing him to laugh even more. "Fine I will."

"Yay!" I crawled out of bed and made my way over to Luke who is now looking through his closet. He had his back facing me so I took this time to stare at his scars. Before I knew it. I was tracing his scars with my finger. His body went tense and he stayed like that until I finally quit tracing his scars. "What happened?" My voice was quiet as I asked him. He didn't face me as he spoke.

"My dad," His voice cracked at the end. I knew it was a sensitive subject but I didn't know he would already be on the verge of crying. It hurt me to see him like this. I know he's broken and all I want to do is fix him but I don't know if I can. "He whipped me with his belt a lot," He cleared his throat. I could tell it was hard for him to speak. I felt bad because he was just laughing and now I've made him crawl into the darkest place of his mind. Something he wanted so badly to forget. "He didn't think the belt was enough so one day he came back home with something that looked kind of like a whip," He sniffled and brought his hands to his eyes, rubbing them. "Sorry," He apologized. This only made me feel worse.

"Don't apologize. There is nothing to be sorry about. I shouldn't have asked. I'm sorry. You can stop talking about it," I moved closer towards him so that my front was now against his back side. I wrapped my arms around him and rested the side of my face against his bare back.

"I want you to know." And that was when I knew he is really letting me in. He's opening up and that made me extremely happy. "I don't think I'll ever forget him standing there in the door way of my room with a grin spread across his ugly face. Telling me how excited he was to use his new toy on me."

"That's horrible," I cried. I knew as much as Luke wanted to forget about that. He never would be able to because of the scars on his chest and back that would remind him of it everyday.

He turned around and looked down at me. He placed both of his thumbs under my eyes, gently wiping away my tears. "I'm full of nothing but sadness and darkness because of that man. But I do want you to know that having you around makes both of those things go away."

"Luke..." I sadly smiled. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into him.

"Don't leave me. I need you," He whispered so quietly that I almost didn't hear him. I hugged him tighter. I won't leave you Luke. I promise I'll always be by your side.

Sorry this one is short :/

It was longer but then I deleted most of it because I didn't like it. So yeah...sorry for a short update. The next one will be longer!! :)

Anyways thank you so much for voting and commenting. It makes me want to update faster for you all! <3