Chapter 12

Today was a slow exhausting day. I wish it would just be over. I think everyone got the hint to leave me alone today because nobody has talked to me ever since this morning. I haven't seen Luke all day. He wasn't in class or at lunch. Which means he probably stayed home. I couldn't help but feel bad. I'm probably the reason he stayed home. Tomorrow is Saturday so I won't see him until Monday. I just hope he's okay. I wish I had his number so I could call him or text him.

Those poems of his were sad and depressing. I don't think we could use those poems for our project. The teacher would probably make him go wdown to the counsellors office or call his parents. Maybe those poems weren't for our project. Maybe they were for me and him to just see. What if he was trying to speak out to me. Does he trust me enough? He must if he let me know how he is feeling. I think he wants somebody there for him and he wants me to be that someone or maybe I'm just overthinking this all too much. But I refuse to let him push me away. I will keep trying to be a part of his life even if it means we are just friends or even enemy's. I'll keep trying no matter what. I couldn't live with myself if I stopped trying and then something bad happened to him.

"Hey Allison. Are you okay?" Ashton asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked at him and nodded. "I don't think you are and I think you need to get out of this place. Will you come with me?"

"Come with you? Right now? And where?"

"Yes right now and to get some ice cream."

"But I still have two more classes left."

"Let's be rebels and skip. Come on it will be fun. I'm a bad boy trying to get a good girl like you to do something bad. Don't you girls like that kind of stuff?"

I let out a little laugh. "You gotta stop calling yourself a bad boy and I've already done something bad with you."

"Do another bad thing with me," His lips formed into a smirk.

"I should really be the smart girl and just say no but I really do want to get out of this hell hole so fine I'll go with you but if I get in trouble I'm blaming it on you," I poked his chest.

"Okay that's fine. Let's go princess," He grabbed onto my hand and we headed down a hallway then another. He led me to the back door of the school. We were now outside. We quickly walked to his car and got inside. He started it up and was now driving.

"I can't believe I came with you."

"What can I say? Girls can't say no to me."

I rolled my eyes. "You're too cocky."

"A little, anyways, tell me what's wrong with you. I know something's up," He glanced over at me and put his hand on my thigh causing me to tense up. "Relax," He half smiled at me then turned his attention back to the road.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" His hand started to slowly travel up my thigh and I started to panic.

"W-What are y-you doing," I stuttered nervously. I looked over to see him smirking while still looking at the road.

"The longer you don't tell me the further my hand goes up your thigh so you better hurry and tell me."

"This is sexual harassment! Besides, I don't have to tell you anything."

"Okay then." I bit down on my bottom lip as I watched his hand slowly travel up my thigh. "I'm not going to stop until you tell me." My heart began to beat faster and faster as his hand moved up higher and higher. He squeezed my thigh causing me to squirm under his touch.

"Okay I'll tell you!" I squealed.

He chuckled and moved his hand away. "That's what I thought."

"I guess you could say my friend is going through a tough time and I just want to be there for them but they told me never to speak to them again and to leave them alone so now I feel bad and sad."

"Who's this friend? Because last time I checked you only had Lara as a friend and now me and my brothers."

"I can't say."

"Is it Luke?" My heart skipped a beat. How did he know? "It is isn't? Well all I can tell you is to keep trying. Don't let him push you away because that's what he did with all of us and we listened which was very dumb on our part and we all regret it. So whatever you do don't stop because he obviously needs someone there for him."

"But haven't you all tried to be there for him?"

"Of course but he doesn't let anyone in."

"Do you think this has anything to do with his dad?"

"Maybe, I mean it would make since if it does."

"Oh," I sighed.

"Do you like Luke?" His voice was quite. His question caught me off guard.

"I um...I don't know?" I shrugged.

"Sounds to me like you do because if you didn't you would have said no. I guess I have no chance with you then huh?" He stopped the car, shutting it off and pulling his keys out.

He wants a chance with me? "That's not true. You uh, still have a...chance with me," I awkwardly said, looking out the window.

"Really? Are you saying you have a crush on the bad boy?"

"What did I tell you about calling yourself a bad boy?" I sighed, shaking my head.

He chuckled. "Okay, okay I'll stop. Now let's go get some ice cream," He said, getting out of the car. I did the same and followed him into the ice cream place.

Vote/fan/comment💕