four ♬

Jeonghan went over to the vending machine and retrieved two sparkling waters. He placed one in my hand and sunk down against the wall beside me. Moments passed, but nobody said anything.

The silence was deafening. So many words to say yet where do we start? I'm not angry that he silently slipped away to this new life but I can't say that I'm happy either. His dream to perform was a well known fact amongst the two of us. Same with my dream to sing. It's just that I wished he'd told me that he was leaving, instead of me finding out the way I did.

"I'm sor-"

"Don't. Don't apologise."

He had begun to say he was sorry but I stopped him midway. The last thing I wanted was an apology from him. It's not as if he did anything wrong, there were just better ways to do it. Plus, the past is in the past. I felt what I felt in that moment and then let it go.

"I'm not mad," I started,

"But why didn't you just tell me? Why did I have to hear it from Nae-in and not you?"

"Ahn Nae-in told you? I thought Im Gye-ri the gossip would get there first," He laughed.

He wasn't taking it seriously but I knew why. It was a habit of his; trying to make light of an awkward situation and steering it to his will. Had this been another time I would have wholeheartedly let him do so. However this was conversation that needed to happen.

"Cmon Jeonghan," I exhaled frustratedly.

Bringing the drink to his lips, he shifted his eyes away from mine and took a swig. He wiped his mouth with the back of us hand before turning to face me.

"I didn't know what to say. Every time I practiced my goodbye speech, the words just got caught in my throat. I swear you were going to hear the news from me but that whole last week I couldn't find you," He sighed

"And when I did, you had already gone to Jeju with your mum. I tried to message you but you weren't answering and I didn't know when you were coming back."

"You could've called," I whispered.

"You could've too," He replied.

There was no point in dwelling on the past. He knew it and I did too. We weren't the type of people to hold grudges either.

What happened, happened.

It is what it is.

And anyways, right now I'd rather just have my best friend back.

"Truce?" I held out my hand in front of him.

He stopped for a second, before shaking it with his.

"Truce."

With that, we had become friends once again.

"So anyone caught your eye?" He teased, poking my arm.

"I mean Seokmin and Soonyoung are cute-"

"No way! Really? Those two?" He gasped as he slapped my arm in shock. Both of us broke into a much missed laughter.

Shortly afterwards, he stood up to leave saying that he wanted to speak to Seungcheol about tomorrow's schedule. I told him I'd finish up my drink and then head to bed. He waved goodbye and I was left by myself. I checked my phone to see that it was now 7:32. Time sure does fly. As I was busy seeing the time, I was completely unaware of the person who had just entered the corridor.