five ♬

Sunlight shone through the open slits on the blinds onto my face. I opened my eyes only to be blinded by the rays. I rolled over to check the time on my phone.

6:01 it read.

Because vocal practice started at 7, now was the perfect time to get up. Swiftly, I stood up and hauled my half asleep self over to the closet. Opening its doors, I examined the contents.

Should I wear the pink shirt and shorts? No.

How about the green crop top and leggings? Maybe not.

What if I pair the orange tracksuit jacket with some flares? Never.

This inner conflict continued for the next 10ish minutes before I finally settled on a choice. I went with some grey joggers and an oversized graphic tee. The perfect balance of comfort and style. I threw my hair into a ponytail and began making my bed. Only 20 minutes had passed since I woke up, giving me time to kill before practice. Shuffling could be heard from outside so I assumed that JJ and Bo-ri were also awake.

I threw on SNSD's album Oh! And listened for a while. Their song Show! Show! Show! is just so catchy and addicting that I can't help but dance every time I hear it. I'm not the greatest dancer but in spite of that I love to dance. The feeling of the music taking over is just something unexplainable yet everyone seems to understand.

Leaving my room behind, I set out to go to vocal practice. From what I was told, all the trainees were split into three groups. This was to make it so that not too many people will be in a room at once and to maximise practice in the time given. Since there are 16 of us in total, the groups would have to be two 5's and one 6. After a quick 3 minutes, I had arrived in front of the trainee area.

I entered the Vocal practice room and saw 3 others sitting down talking. As soon as I walked in, the came to greet me and pulled a chair for me to join their conversation.

"We met yesterday but I'm Mingyu and that's Soonyoung hyung," the tall boy explained as he pointed at Soonyoung who was looking over music sheets with Seokmin,

"Jeonghan hyung will be joining us shortly. I heard you guys know each other."

"Yeah, he was my neighbour growing up."

"That's so cool! What was he like?" Mingyu quizzed, leaning in closer.

"Incredibly popular. Everyone thought that he was so cool but I still remember the time he slipped on a banana peel trying to prove that they were only like that in the cartoons," I babbled, telling him embarrassing stories from our childhood. He listened attentively to what I had to say, his head nodding along.

"Really? Our Jeonghan was like that?" He gawked.

I only laughed in response. There were many stories I wished to tell Mingyu, but I'll keep them to myself for now. I can already tell that this boy and I will become good friends.

Jeonghan burst through the doors, lyric sheets in hand. It was clear that he had rushed here quickly due to his heavy breathing and the sweat that was dripping down his forehead.

"Am I late?" He asked as he inspected the room.

"No, Ms Chang isn't here yet. Come sit down," Seokmin said turning back to focus on the paper in his hand.

Jeonghan sighed with relief and plopped down on the chair next to mine.

"Morning Mingyu, Hey Chae-ri," He greeted. Before I could say anything, a formally dressed woman walked through the doors.