twenty two ♬

Chae-ri POV

"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked her.

She sat on the chair across from me, her legs crossed as she picked at her pink fingernails. We had been sitting in silence for over a minute now, the awkwardness growing. Although she was the one who barged in here, Paris didn't make any attempts to speak.

"You're at Pledis right?" She finally spoke. I nodded in response, still confused as to why she was here.

"I heard you speaking with the other girls," She said, looking me in the eyes. "You know Seokmin."

The familiar name struck me dead still. Of course I know Seokmin. The real question is; how did she?

"Is he a trainee there?" She asked hopefully. "He's an old friend of mine from school."

My stomach became tied up in knots as I felt the answer begin to weigh down on me. I don't know why, but I had a really bad feeling about saying it to her. Seokmin and I didn't tell each other everything, but we did share quite a lot. I remember very clearly that school wasn't a good memory for him and he didn't mention any girl to me, let alone a "Kang Paris".

Don't tell her, my gut told me. She's bad news. Don't say a word.

"No," I said as calmly as I could. A small but subtle scowl formed on her pasty lips.

"Are you sure?" She said, the signature poisoning sweetness in her voice. "I hate people who hide the truth, and I'm sure I heard you say his name today."

"I'm sure," I lied through my teeth. "There's no Seokmin at Pledis."

She chuckled coldly, the air intensifying. She got up from her chair and brushed off her dress, acting like if she spent any longer in this room she might become dirty.

"That's a relief," She said. "For a moment there, I thought you were lying to me."

Swiftly, she strode towards the door leaving me seated by myself on the bed. Just when I thought she'd left, I saw that she was hovering at the threshold.

"You know," She began, face turned away from me. "I'm not a nice person when I'm angry. And I get really mad when people lie to me. I thought you should know that."

Was that a threat? Or perhaps it was an opportunity for me to tell her the truth. Regardless of the options, she didn't stay long enough for me to find out. Once I looked up, she was already gone down the hallway.

A ping from my phone notified me of a message from both Seungkwan and Jeonghan. I read Jeonghan's first.

bxtch from hwaseong

nothing really happened

just petty exchanges

btw stay away from that Paris girl

she is bad news I tell you

sent 9:21

me

oh ok 👍

don't worry I plan on being as far away from her as possible

girl really came into my room and tried to threaten me lmao

but by any chance, do Seokmin and her know each other?

she was asking about him

sent 9:23