twenty five ♬

Chae-ri POV

The rest of that night was a blur. Joo, Kae-soo and the twins dragged me along with them the second filming was over and we had party in my hotel room. Nothing bad; just loud music, room service and good company.

"You should've seen Paris' face," Kae-soo laughed, plopping down on the bed beside me after dancing. "I thought she was going to explode."

"That look was priceless!" Rae-ha exclaimed, fiddling with one of her braids.

"Can we talk about how Joo freaking won the show?" Rae-soo whooped. She danced around the room wildly, excited from the night's events.

"I know right," I said smiling at her. "I'm so happy for you."

"Sure I won tonight," Joo began. "But it was Chae-ri who stole the show. I mean getting recognised, that's one hell of an achievement."

She raised her bottle to me and tipped her head. The others followed suit, raising their glasses for a toast.

"To Joo and Chae-ri," Kae-soo said. "And their successful start to their careers."

We drank and ate some more, exchanged numbers before I sent them on their way. It was well into the night now, possibly even the next morning however I had no time to check. I started clearing up the mess of plates and bottles myself, regretting ever letting them eat in here. God they really do feast like animals, and I bet I'll wake with crumbs all over me tomorrow. I noticed Joo had stayed behind, finishing the rest of drink and her eyes brightened when she saw me.

"Are you heading straight home after this?" I asked, taking the empty drink away from her and placing on the side table.

"I think I'll pay my old folks a visit," She said. "I think they'll be delighted to see their daughter after she just won a survival show. What about you, going back to Pledis right away or?"

I thought of my mum, her thin body laying still in the wretched hospital bed with an IV drip pinned into her arm. She's probably scared out of her mind right now, being told by all the doctors how insane she is or telling her that she needs to do this, this and this to get better.

She probably needed me to stroke her hair and tell her everything would be alright like I always did.

"Sound about right," I answered her. She said her goodbyes and went back to her room. Before she left, she reminded me to keep in touch with her as she wanted updates on my life as a trainee.

I finally changed out of the uncomfortably short blazer dress and wore baggy sweats with a pyjama top. A long awaited sleep came to me the second my exhausted body hit the mattress, and I didn't even feel any crumbs

-

The next morning there were messages filling my phone. A whole bunch of messages. Yesterday being Mingyu's birthday and all, I should've expected it.

the pledistrians 🏃‍♂️

kwan

CHAE-RI GIRL

YOU DID IT

I know you didn't win (even though I spent 60,000 WON ON YOUR ASS SO THAT YOU WOULD WIN)

but im so proud of you

sent 00:23

dance monster

MY FAV VOCALIST = KYO CHAE-RI <3