thirty one ♬

A packet of spaghetti, cello tape, a single marshmallow and the unbridled rage that comes with hunger.

The four horsemen of the apocalypse.

"I said I know what I'm doing!" Jihoon scowled, pushing Joshua out of the way. As he tried to piece together the spaghetti, it snapped.

"I think you are the last person we should ask about how to make things tall," Seungcheol grumbled, clearly irritated that they were losing.

"How much time do we have left?" Mingyu asked, craning his neck to see what his other teammates were doing.

"Mingyu, you're the timekeeper!?" Wonwoo frantically snapped his head around, the speed of the action nearly knocking him off balance. "That's why you're sitting there?"

Vernon and Minghao looked panicked too.

"Oh you're right!" Mingyu quickly glanced at the clock on the wall, and gave his team a big smile and thumbs up as he returned to face them. "Seven more minutes!"

The second exercise of the day was to build the tallest tower out of the items provided - the marshmallow at the highest point.

It's all fun and games, until you realise that it's close to lunch which means everyone is going feral with hunger. To top it off, I have never met such competitive people in my life.

Like these guys would literally put their lives on the line for a piece of kimchi, I swear.

"I need tape! Stat!" Seungkwan commanded, standing proudly atop a chair as he grasped the spaghetti together with his hand. "Quickly! We are losing him!"

"Grey's anatomy who?" Seokmin giggled, walking over and giving him the tape.

"Hey Min! Help me over here!" JJ called out, flagging him down. He happily sat next to her and the two of them held the base of the structure together.

"Min?" I uttered to myself, completely disgusted. "They're on nickname level now?"

Bo-ri put me on timekeeping, forcing me to sit at the side. Luckily, I had the perfect view of team 2 so I could have full access to any shenanigans going on.

I eyed the pair suspiciously, to which Seokmin caught me staring.

Why does he keep looking at me at the wrong time?

"Green isn't a good colour on you Chae-ri ah," Jeonghan teased whilst carrying the tape dispenser, only provoking me further.

"Jeonghan did I ask you to bring the tape over or did I say get yourself distracted?" Bo-ri inquired intimidatingly. She stood arms crossed, glowering at him.

"Coming," He responded before mouthing to me "She's a piece of work".

"There's five minutes left," I announced to my team. Chan nodded, acknowledging my words.

"That's great Chae-ri, but we all have eyes so we can read the clock ourselves," Bo-ri smiled condescendingly at me. "But if it makes you feel included, you can keep shouting useless things."

"I'm the timekeeper? I tell you guys how much time is left? It's kind of my job," I retorted, taken aback at her blatant rudeness.

"Keep telling yourself that sweetie," She laughed, ignoring me and returning her focus to the tower. "Ok team! We are almost there!"

I scoffed, continuing watching the other teams around me. As I suspected, Seokmin and JJ were engrossed in yet another conversation.

Bo-ri watched me, noticing my infuriation and decided to play into it.