thirty five ♬

"WHAT IN JOSHUA'S NAME IS GOING ON IN HERE?!" Seungkwan's voice boomed, echoing loudly throughout the practice room.

The noise shook me awake, my bleary eyes opening slowly. More footsteps scurried inside, halting at the doorway.

"Jeez Seungkwan why did you- AHHHH MY EYES!" Vernon screeched, flailing his arms around to try cover his face.

"Why are you guys being so loud?" I groaned, turning away from their unnecessary commotion.

My face connected with a hard, solid surface that I didn't expect.

"What the- OH MY GOD!" I shrieked, pushing Seokmin's sleeping body away from mine as I sprung up to my feet. "NO NO NO! This is not what it looks like! Like At all!"

Well that certainly woke me up.

"Ouch! What was that for?" Seokmin complained, clutching his head after it the floor. "I was having an amazing dream."

"You better pray it's not what it looks like Kyo Chae-ri," Seungkwan scolded, snatching Seokmin's arm and hauling him up. "As for you, Lee Seokmin - the dance room, really? I thought we already discussed how you would con-"

Before Seungkwan could utter another word, Seokmin slapped his hand on top of the boy's mouth shutting him up.

"How did you even get there?" I asked, panicking. "We were on opposite ends of the room!"

"During the night it got sort of cold and I couldn't figure out how to turn off the AC at my side," Seokmin chuckled nervously, avoiding my eyes. "I thought you wouldn't mind! Anyways, how did you two know we were in here?"

"Don't change the subject!" I hissed, furiously blushing with embarrassment and feeling flustered.

I'm still in disbelief that I spent the night in the dance room with Seokmin. And I slept beside him!

"Soonyoung said you never came back to the dorms last night," Vernon, who was previously paralysed by shock, finally spoke.

"And when Chae-ri didn't immediately respond to my good morning text thirty minutes ago; I knew she'd either been kidnapped and held hostage, or locked in somewhere without her phone," Seungkwan proudly announced. "The dance room was my first guess."

Thirty minutes ago? But that means-

I hastily checked the time on the clock outside. The time read 7:27.

"Shit!" I cursed with irritation. "There's less than 5 minutes before Yoona comes, and I still have to run through the dance!"

"Then we should get going," Vernon patted my shoulder, squeezing it affectionately. "If anyone can do it, it's you Chae-ri. Good luck!"

Seungkwan grabbed me by both of my hands, pulling me towards him.

"Who are you?" He interrogated, his eyes intense.

"Kyo Chae-ri?" I answered, unsure.

"That's right! You're Kyo Freaking Chae-ri," Seungkwan cheered happily. "So get your butt out there and show that biatch what you are made of."

The pair walked out, but I continued to feel anxious and unsettled about the storm that was to come. Seokmin was the last one to leave.

"What if I can't do it?" I told him, the restless pit in my stomach growing larger. "What if, despite all my efforts, I'm still not good enough?"

 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 ˢᵛᵗजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें