twenty eight ♬

He sat opposite from where I was, avoiding my eyes. Anyone could tell that this was the last place he wanted to be right now but unluckily for him, I have a lot to get off my chest.

"Do you believe it?" I asked him.

"Huh?"

"I asked," I repeated. "Do you believe the rumour? That I bribed the PD to get me onto that show?"

"Of course not," Jun chuckled unconvincingly, however the answer came too quickly. Almost as if it was rehearsed.

"You can be honest with me. I don't bite, so tell me the truth."

He remained quiet for a couple moments, mulling over what I'd said before speaking up.

"Honestly?" He began, finally looking at me. "Part of me wanted it to be true. I still couldn't wrap my head around the idea that you, someone who has only been a trainee for a few months, was offered such an amazing opportunity over people who have been training for years."

"I really wanted to be supportive because you are a good friend, but deep down I still felt a twinge of jealousy. So when the rumour started floating around earlier tonight, I couldn't help but feel relieved. It was like there was finally an explanation for why it was you and not us – that is wasn't because we weren't good enough."

"I see," the words came out my mouth like a whisper. I never realised everyone felt that way, keeping all that inside. Hell, if I'd been training here for years and then all of a sudden a newcomer swoops in and becomes a big shot within a couple months – I'd be be pissed too.

"But Chae-ri, I'm really sorry. We let our childishness get in the way and treated you badly tonight when we should've been celebrating your success. We all know you'd never cheat to get things and I can't believe I even tried to entertain the thought. I should've spoken to you first before things got out of hand but I didn't and that was wrong of me. I'm sorry."

Jun stood up and held out his arms, inviting me for a hug. Of course, I didn't refuse. I stood up and hugged him tightly. We stood there for awhile, in silence, neither wanting to let go.

"Should we head back together?" Jun asked softly, unclasping his arms from around me. "I'm sure everyone is wondering where you went."

"Actually, I'll head back to my dorm," I said, offering him a small smile. "Thanks for this. Really."

Jun had started to walk down the hall before he quickly spun around, like he'd forgotten to mention something.

"By the way," He began, "I know we may act dumb and do stupid things from time to time but please don't forget that we trust you. We will always be on your side, no matter what happens, okay?"

"You promise?" I cupped my hands around my mouth and yelled down the hall. He laughed and did the same back.

"I promise!"

And with that, I made my way back to my room.

Once I got there, I took my phone out to check the group chat. No messages? Okay, if you want to play it that way – then let's get this game started.

the pledistrians 🏃‍♂️

me

10 am in the dance practice room

everyone be there.

we need to talk.

sent 11:37