17

I gave her a small smile, looking down for a split second and then back at her. She looked over at Sunghoon and walked beside him, talking to him about some nonesense.

"That teacher is so annoying, no wonder nobody likes her." She ranted on, don't think any of us were listening really, "But thank god it's break now, Ji-eun is hosting a costume party. Are you going Hoonie?"

I turned my head to look at Sunghoon after hearing that nickname. He glanced at me, shooting me a glare as I held in my laughter. I covered my face with my hand, trying to silence the laugh coming out of me.

Sunghoon pulled my hair gently, as if to tell me to quit whatever I was doing. Unfortunately, as I tried to stop laughing, I choked on air, resulting in me having a coughing fit.

Embarrassed, I found this opportunity to slide away from Sunghoon and Chaeyoung, heading to the water dispenser to try and calm my throat down.

I always get these coughing fits at the worst moments.

I'm pretty sure they thought I was strange.

I thought I was free from them, but turns out, they were waiting for me. Just stood there as I turned around after refilling my bottle. I pursed my lips, goddamn it, I can't even get away no more?

Sunghoon gave me a very devious smile, one that simply read, 'karma.'

I rolled my eyes, walking back beside him. As the two talked about Ji-eun's party, Heeseung walked towards me, reaching out his hand. I clasped mine into his, shaking it firmly as we smiled.

"The one and only, Moon Seoyeon, can't believe I'm stood before the A-star student." Heeseung jeered as I chuckled.

"Should feel honoured." I shrugged, boastfully. Sunghoon silently watched our interaction.

Heeseung slot himself between me and Sunghoon, and I really don't think Sunghoon was happy about that.

"So, what's with Nabi, hm?" I raised an eyebrow, looking up at him. Heeseung let out a small laugh, resting his hand on the nape of his neck.

"I don't know, she's giving me mixed signals." He spoke lowly, as if he only wanted me to hear. I was a little astonished to say the least, since last time I spoke to Nabi about Heeseung, she was real into him.

"Whaaaat?" I turned to him. Me and Heeseung increased our pace unknowingly, walking a slightly in front of Chaeyoung and Sunghoon now.

"No listen, one moment she's flirting with me, playing with me, you know, having a good time. Then randomly she just switches off and she's bitter towards me. I didn't even do anything." He huffed, clearly annoyed.

"By any chance, whenever she's annoyed," I whispered the next bit to him, "Is Chaeyoung around?"

He thought for a second about my words, trying to recall any moments, he turned back to me, and leant closer to me.

"Actually, yeah, Chaeyoung is often there, but I swear she's into Sunghoon." He whispered, and I gave a light smile, nodding my head.

"You need to give Nabi more attention when she's there. She probably feels a little insecure whenever Chaeyoung is around because you all suddenly focus on her." I shrugged, and Heeseung gave a loud scoff out of irritance.

"Her? Fuck no." He exclaimed pretty loudly, he looked back in a panic, just to see the two having what seemed to be - a very stoic conversation - Sunghoon was giving blunt replies, while Chaeyoung was trying her best to be cute and jumpy.

Ouch.

"I mean, she's not my type AT ALL, like no. Not even in my second life. Hell no Seoyeon." Heeseung reiterated, damn, why did they all hate Chaeyoung so much. I let out a gentle laugh, at how they all denied anything to do with Chaeyoung.

Maybe she was just blind to how obnoxiously intolerant she was being. 

I let out a sigh, about to say something until Sunghoon cut me off with his cold ass voice. Woah, what was this switch up about?

"Heeseung, come train." Sunghoon's voice literally gave me goosebumps, it was bold, callous and he was definitely in some sort of state of annoyance.

The fuck? Where did this come from.

Heeseung looked at me, raised his eyebrows ever so slightly, and proceeded to whisper something to me.

"Your boyfriend is mad that I'm talking with you." He jeered, I lightly slapped him on the shoulder as Sunghoon's face was the least amused in the world.

He glared at the two of us, stared at me for a second, then looked at Heeseung for an answer.

"Right now?" Heeseung asked, I literally just looked at how mad this man looked. His face wouldn't even budge into a smile or anything, his jaw was prominent, eyes narrow and glaring, hands loosely in the pockets of his pants.

Sunghoon didn't even need to answer Heeseung's question, he could simply tell the answer from his face.

"Alright, let's go then." Heeseung gave an inaudible sigh, walking away with Sunghoon. A wind of cologne rushed past me as Sunghoon walked away. Ouch, even his perfume felt cold and bitter.

Was he seriously mad that I was talking with Heeseung instead?