45

"Oh shit." Nabi covered her mouth after I told her everything, "I knew that fucker was up to no good." She groaned, patting my head as I lay on her lap.

"Do I just tell Sunghoon? Do I forget about it?" I seriously was in a battle of conflict in my mind, the guilt refused to ease, no matter what I told myself. It genuinely felt horrible, even worse knowing that we had just made up.

Is everybody in this world against me?

"Hey. Give it some time first then tell him, maybe he'll be less mad." Nabi sounded unconvinced by her own words, "But I'm lowkey scared for you.."

If you hear those words from Nabi, that clearly means you're fucked in the situation you're in. Seriously, it means no good.

I whined out loud, sitting up and hopelessly staring at the floor. I was done, this was over for me. I would be better off just jumping out of the window.

"I'm so done. It's over for me Nabi. Don't even talk to me right now." I sulked, standing up with my head hung low and shoulders sunken, I sludged myself towards my room, throwing myself face forward on my bed and covering my head with a pillow.

Maybe suffocation would be an easier way out.

Nabi stood leant on the door frame, arms folded and shaking her head with a sigh.

"Jay is really cunning, huh." She gave another disappointed sigh, "Can't believe he'd even try that with you."

I didn't even reply, repeating the events and let alone saying the name 'Jay' just made me feel a million times worse, it was only a matter of time before Sunghoon finds out or the guilt becomes too much and I cave in.

-

For the remainder I just stayed in the exact same position, refusing to leave. I was like a human sloth, completely immobile and slow. I had zero appetite, zero motivation - my body completely full of guilt.

Nabi had tried to get me up to eat or do something, but I just couldn't even be bothered.

There was an assertive knock on the door, Nabi went to go get it. I just passively listened, my face still buried into my mattress. I was pretty surprised I hadn't suffocated myself yet - that option was looking more enticing by the seconds.

"Is Seoyeon here? I'm trying to text her but her phone is off." Sunghoon's voice creeped from the front, even though I was in my room, I could hear him. And the way my heart raced, the word raced was an underestimate.

My eyes widened, body freezing even more as I listened intently.

"She is. But she's not well, so.." Nabi lied through her teeth, I was so grateful for her right now.

"Well, can you let me in? I want to see my own girlfriend." Sunghoon's voice began sounding a little annoyed. God Sunghoon, if only you knew how bad of a girlfriend I was.

"Wait--! Don't. No. You can't." Nabi quickly rushed to ensure he didn't come in. I was so nervous, I don't even know what would happen if I saw his face.

"Nabi what the fuck?! Let me see my goddamn girlfriend." I heard Sunghoon's agitated voice, and he was probably trying to push past Nabi respectfully.

"No!! You can't! She's in a bad state right now..!" Nabi tried to continue her lie on, but I just winced, god what the fuck do you even mean by this Nabi?

"Nabi I swear to god. What the hell happened." Sunghoon and his no question-question evidently meant that he was mad. The moment a question doesn't sound like a question, more like a demand, from Sunghoon, that means he'll break through walls soon enough.

"No. You just can't. Sorry! Bye!" Nabi hurriedly spoke, forcing the door shut on him and giving the largest breath out ever.

She ran to my room immediately, widened eyes and throwing a pillow at me. I sat up, slouching and still sulken.

"That man. Is going to go and get a drill. And drill through the door." Nabi pointed over to the hall, widened eyes and a fear-stricken look in her eyes, "I saved your ass so hard."

"I'm going to jump out of this window. Do you think I will die if I do." I stared at the ground, my voice bland. Obviously I wasn't going to do that, but at the moment, that's what felt like I should do.

"At this rate I'll jump out with you." Nabi gave a large sigh, sitting on my bed.