Chapter 16

The next second, as Rudra shifted his gaze in another direction, he saw two figures, and his smile faded instantly...

He noticed a girl and a boy laughing together, giving each other high-fives.

Suddenly, the boy embraced the girl, and Rudra's smile vanished upon seeing them.

The girl was none other than me, and I was with my friend Reyaan, whom I accidentally met on a street in Paris.

Ah, I suppose from the previous two chapters, you already knew I am also in Paris, right?
Yes, remember Misha and I planned a vacation? We chose Paris, unaware that I would encounter Rudra and his wife here.

Two days ago, during an argument between Rudra and Ahaan, what Rudra said hurt me deeply.
I was on the verge of leaving Paris right away. I went to Misha to inform her about our departure plans, but seeing her enjoying herself, I decided not to spoil her happiness.
She has always been there for me, so I chose to stay in Paris for four more days without saying anything to her.

I heard "Ruhh," I turned towards him.

"Ruhii, I'll be back in just 2 minutes," Reyaan said due to a call.

"Sure," I replied with a smile.

Suddenly, Rudra hugged me, but it happened so quickly that I couldn't process it. I didn't hug back, questioning if I had the right? I guess No i don't have.
My eyes moistened, but I managed to control it.

Sensing I didn't reciprocate the hug, Rudra broke the hug
"Who's he?" I hered his stern voice
"Excuse me?" I responded,

He gave me a stern look, and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I asked who he was, Ruhh! Why were you hugging him and all that?" he questioned.

"Why should I give you an explanation?" I responded, unsure of why I was behaving that way.

"Ruhh?" He seemed almost shocked at my answer.

"Kya? Tum chahe apne biwi k sath kuch b karo, but mai kisi dost ko gale bhi na lagu haa? Wahh," I said sarcastically.
(What? You can do anything with your wife, but I can't even hug a friend? Wow.)

"Ruhh, I am..." he began, but I interrupted with, "Vaise mai chahe kisi ko bhi hug karu, I can, I am SINGLE, right? But you are married. Why did you hug me? Agar tumhari biwi ne dekh liya to... naraz ho sakti hai vo."

(Well, even if I hug anyone, I can. I am SINGLE, right? But you are married. Why did you hug me? If your wife sees it, she might get upset.)

"Ruhh, you know this marriage was forced," he said, trying to calm me down

"Hann hann dikh raha hai kitna forced hai" I said sarcastically, recalling his words. "Yes, we want to do something, and we will do it peacefully as soon as you leave."

"What are you seeing?" he asked.

"Everything that you are doing or want to do," I said slowly.

He got angry and held my shoulder tightly. "What do you mean, Ruhii? Do you think it's easy for me? Am I cheating on you with her?" I barely controlled myself and turned my gaze in another direction. "Look at me and answer me, damn it! I'm talking to you," he almost yelled in a low voice.

I closed my eyes for a second and jerked his hands. "What the hell are you thinking? What are you doing?" I asked, and tears welled up in my eyes.

He took a deep breath and gently held my hands, saying, "I'm... I'm sorry, Jaan. I just... I'm sorry. Please forgive me, please."

I jerked his hands again, saying, "You don't have any rights for this, Mr. Rudra Malhotra. Go to your wife; she must be waiting for you... to do..." I was about to say, but words got stuck in my throat.

"To do what, Ruh?" he asked with seriousness.

"To do everything, for which you sent Ahaan back," I didn't know from where I got the courage to say this directly, especially looking into his eyes.

I quickly left after saying this, and he stood there with a blank expression, reminded of his words with Ahaan, reevaluating the situation that his Ruhh heard him say all that.

He wanted to cut his tongue right there for saying those words. He was furious with himself, thinking about how much his words might have hurt his Ruhh🥺 and what she might have felt after hearing him say those things.
Tears made their way, and he wished that if it were in his hands, he would go back in the past and erase that moment.

He knew that I was hell angry and much more hurt right now.
He tried calling me two times, but I cut them. Wiping his tears, he told himself, "She's angry right now; I should not disturb her. I'll meet her tomorrow, and I will explain everything. Yes, only that can be possible. Aaj to usne kisi ki nahi sunni hai... kal tak gussa shant hoga to shayd sun le..." With that hope, he went back to his hotel room.

He opened the door and found Vaidehi with 6-7 dresses on the bed. He looked at the condition of the bed and then at her. "What?" she asked.

"This all? Actually, I'm confused about what dress I should wear tomorrow," she said, looking at those dresses.

"Tomorrow?" he asked in confusion.

"Yes, tomorrow... tomorrow, we are going to Disneyland, so I want to look the best. That's why," she said.

"Clean this right now," he said in his stern voice.

"Yaar, just 5 minutes na," she said, not giving him attention with total focus on clothes.

"Vaidehii, clean this right now," he said a little loudly, and she flinched.

"Shayd alag room me hi sahi the hum," he mumbled and was about to go towards the washroom, but Vaidehi heard.
(Maybe we should have been in separate rooms)

"Kahi pair vair pada hai kya aapka?" she asked, and he turned towards her, asking, "What?"

"Vo bhut-pishach vala hota hai na, usme kahi pair pada hai kya aapka?" she asked in an explaining tone.
(That ghostly things, have you put your feet in that circle somewhere?)

"Kya bakvas karri ho?" he asked.
(What nonsense are you talking?)

"Aur nahi to kya, sham tak to acha bhala mood tha, pata nai achank se ky ho gaya vahi apne purane Rudra ke Raudraa(angry) rup me aa gaye," she said.
(Until evening, everything was fine. I don't know what suddenly happened; the old angry version of Rudra emerged.)

Rudra gave her a look and headed to the washroom after nodding his head in disbelief.

"Nahii veduu... yaha Paris me thodi na ye sab hota hoga bhut and all... ye sab to India me rehta hai... lekin bhuto ko kaise pata rehta hai ye Paris hai ya India? Bhuto ka man nahi karta hoga Paris ghumne jane ka London ghumne jane ka... unko to tickets ka kharcha bhi nahi lagta hoga na..." she thought.

(No, Veduu... this kind of thing probably doesn't happen here in Paris and all. Such things are more common in India. But how would ghosts know if it's Paris or India? Ghosts probably aren't interested in touring Paris or London. They wouldn't even have to spend money on tickets, right?")

Ahhh, this girl and her thoughts 😭😂

______________
Happy Reading 🤗
Donvote and comments

Next chapter after 60 votes and 25+ comments
Thank you❤️🦋