Chapter 26

After finishing her morning routine, Vaidehi went to her room and called her best friend, Jiya.

"Hanji, bolo meri jaan, yaad aagai ke zinda hu mai?" Jiya said as soon as she picked up the call.
(Yes, tell me, my love, did you remember that I am alive?)

"You—you just don't call me jaan, first of all," Vaidehi's eyes widened, recalling the morning scene.

"Why? I usually call you jaan, na?" Jiya asked.

"Hann bt," Vaidehi was unsure if she should tell her or not.

"But what?" Jiya asked.

"Aaj mat bol," Vaidehi said. (Just don't call this name today.)

"Kya hua, dimag hadiiya sab thikane pe hai ma?" Jiya asked. (What happened, is everything alright?)

"Hann means no, I don't know, yaar, weird things are happening to me," Vaidehi said.

"Means?" Jiya asked.

"I don't know yaar, like I sometimes smile like an idiot without any reason," Vaidehi said.

"I knew this from nursery," Jiya said.

"What?" Vaidehi asked.

"Yahi ke tu paagal hai, aaj tune realize aur accept dono kar liya," Jiya said and laughed. (That you are mad, and today you realized and accepted that you are mad.)

"Shut up, Jiya. I'm not in the mood for jokes right now," Vaidehi said.

"Who told you I'm joking?" Jiya laughed while saying.

"Jiyaaaaa," Vaidehi whined.

"Okay, tell me this: without reason, smiling is a symptom of what?" Jiya asked, and Vaidehi whined, saying, "I'll kill you."

"Okay, okay, now tell me, ye bina vaja smile jiju ko dekh k aati hai?" Jiya asked.
(Is this because of jiju?)

"Hann, nai matlab haa ahh I don't know, yaar," Vaidehi said, being confused.
(Yes-No-i don't know)

"Kahi tujhe pyaar to nahi ho gaya h na?" Jiya asked. (Are you in love?)

"What rubbish? Pyaar aur mujhe? Ahh, it's impossible. Isse achha tu mujhe paagal bol le, par ye pyaar vyaar ka naam mat le," Vaidehi denied.
(What rubbish? Love and me? Ahh, it's impossible. It's better if you call me crazy)

And they continued their chit-chat for some one hour.

__
Here in the office, Rudra was also talking with his best friend.

"I know, bro, and I'm trying my best, but forgetting Ruhi is not in my hands," Rudra replied to Vansh.

"I know you can't. Even I'm not saying that to forget Ruhi. I'm just saying you to give Vaidehi her happiness, her rights which belong to her as your wife," Vansh said.

"I'm trying my level best," Rudra said.

"Good," Vansh said.

"Achha, listen," Rudra asked suddenly.

"Hann," Vansh said.

"You stopped me from meeting her, but you keep meeting her," Rudra said.

"Hann, don't worry," Vansh replied.

"I had done so much wrong with her; I wish I could settle everything by going in the past," Rudra said.

"Tujhe aehsas hai yahi badi baat hai, baki ab tere hath me kuch nahi h," Vansh said.
(You realizing this is a big thing; the rest is not in your hands now.)

"Bas, make sure vo khush rahe," Rudra said.

"Don't worry, bhai. You know Ruhii is the coolest girl; She herself stays happy and keeps the people around her happy too," Vansh retorted.