Chapter 24

Rudra was at the office, busy with his laptop, but work wasn't the only thing on his mind. He couldn't stop thinking about Vansh's words from the moment he arrived.

"Vansh is right, but forgetting Ruhh? That's something I can't even imagine in my worst dream. She's my love, but what's Vaidehi's fault in all this? Yes, she can be rude and tricky, but our lives are connected now. I can't love her like I love Ruhii or replace her, but I can at least behave properly with her. No matter how we got into this, we have to spend our lives together, even if it's because of our families. Throughout life, we can't keep fighting like this. I need to control my anger towards her... but what about Ruhii? In a way, I've betrayed her, too. It wasn't intentional, but it happened. It will take some time for her to calm down, and then I'll apologize to her, too."

After these thoughts, he took a deep breath and resumed his work.

In the evening, Rudra's phone buzzed, and it was Vaidehi calling. Rudra looked at the screen and whispered to himself, "Rudra, talk calmly. Don't get angry. Don't shout. Talk to her peacefully, okay!" After taking a deep breath, he answered the call.

"Hello," he said.

"Hello, Vaidehi here," she said from the other side.

"Your No. Is saved," he replied.

"Oh, kya pata kis  aat pe dimag ghum gaya aur no. Delete kar diya ho mera to maine socha bata deti hu, " she said and chuckled.
(Who knows when you might have lost your mind again and deleted my number)

"Iski to... Clontrol yourself, Rudra. Don't get angry," he thought to himself.
"No, it's still saved. Now tell me, why did you call? Is there something important?" he asked calmly.

"Yes, Aashu and I are going shopping," she said.

"Okay," he replied.

"Can you pick us up after the office?" she asked.

"Okay, I will..." he started, but Vaidehi interrupted, saying, "Look, this was not my idea. It was Maa's idea. I even refused, but she insisted that I tell you."

"I said okay. I'll pick you up after the office," he assured.

"What! Seriously?" she asked in disbelief.

"Yes, I'll leave the office early and pick you up," he said.

"Are you serious?" she asked again, still not believing.

"Of course. Now, bye. I'll call you later. I'm a bit busy," he said before ending the call

_________
After one hour, Vikram entered Rudra's office.

"Hey, Papa! Is there anything important? You could have just called me," Rudra said, looking at his father.

"Why can't a father come to talk to his son?" Vikram asked.

"Oh, no, nothing like that. Please have a seat," Rudra said, and Vikram sat down.

"Coffee?" Vikram offered.

"Huh?" Rudra was confused.

"Kya? Aise kya reaction de raha? Baat-bete sath me drink kar sakte hai to hum coffee bhi nahi pi sakte?" Vikram said.
(Other son-father are drinking together, can't we drink just coffee?)

"I never said no. You just brought it up so suddenly..." Rudra started explaining.

"So, will you have some?" Vikram asked.

"Of course, papa," Rudra agreed.

"Then order it," Vikram suggested.

"Sure, I'll get it," Rudra said and called for coffee.