Chapter 39

What's the result, Rudra?" Sunaina asked eagerly.

"I-it's positive," he stuttered, looking at Vaidehi.

Sunaina was overjoyed. "See, I told you! We weren't wrong. Vaidehi, bachhe, congratulations!" she exclaimed, hugging Vaidehi.

"I'll go tell everyone the good news," Sunaina said happily, leaving the room.

Vaidehi and Rudra exchanged glances, still processing the unexpected news.

Rudra was numb
Vaidehi approached Rudra.
"Ru-Rudra, mujhey kuch samaj nahi aarha, What's happening?" Vaidehi said.

"Something happened between us that I don't know about," Rudra asked directly.

"Mat-Matlab?" Vaidehi said, feeling unsure.
(Meaning)

"Meaning, has something accidentally happened between us that's causing this?" Rudra asked.

"What the! What are you saying?" Vaidehi asked.

"Because I don't remember anything like that," Rudra shouted a bit.

"Ru-Rudra, relax. Sit here," she said, made him sit on the bed, and continued, "Listen to me, this might also be wrong."

"All these symptoms match, and what should I say if it's positive? I don't understand anything," Rudra said.

Aashi knocked on the door.
Vaidehi wiped her tears Before Rudra responded.
"Hann aashu," Rudra said

"Bhai, Maa asked me to bring fruits for Bhabhi," Aashi said as she entered.

"Yeah, thanks," Vaidehi said.

"Here, take these. Ma said to feed bhabhi, she wants to finish all of it," Aashi said, and Vaidehi nodded.

"And congratulations to both of you! I'm so, so, so happy! I'm going to be bhuaa!" Aashi said excitedly, and Vaidehi gave her a fake smile.

Vaidehi took a bite of the apple and was about to eat a piece of papaya when Rudra held her hand.

"What?" Vaidehi said, looking at him.

"Are you crazy?" Rudra said.

"What happened?" Vaidehi asked, confused.

"Who sent these fruits?" Rudra said.

"I took them out from the fridge myself," Aashi said.

"What's wrong, Rudra?" Vaidehi asked.

"Will you eat papaya?" Rudra said.

"Yes, it's a fruit, right?" Vaidehi said.

"Do you have any idea what could happen?" Rudra said.

"What's wrong, bhaii? It's just fruit, anyone can eat it," Aashi said.

"A preg... pregnant lady shouldn't... eat it," Rudra said, hesitating..

Vaidehi looked at him and put the papaya piece back.

"Oh no, Aashu, you go, I'll eat it," Vaidehi said.

"Okay, sorry bhabhi, I didn't know," Aashi said and left.

"Rudra!" Vaidehi called out to him.

"I don't know if you're pregnant or not, but according to the report, you shouldn't eat this papaya. If you're pregnant, it's not good for the baby," Rudra said, then he left from there.

Vaidehi stayed quiet for a while, a lone tear rolled down her cheeks.
"Rudra, do you also think that I'm... how can I convince you now? I don't understand anything," she mumbled.