Chapter 40

"Doctor, is everything okay? Is Vaidehi alright?" Rudra asked anxiously.

"No, Mr. Malhotra, you need to take extra care of her from now on," the doctor replied, and they exchanged worried glances.

"M-Meaning, I don't understand, doctor! Is she pre-pregnant?" Rudra asked.

"No, she's not pregnant, but she is very weak; she has deficiencies in vitamins, minerals, iron, and hemoglobin," the doctor explained.

"But doctor, that kit i mean that test came positive, how?" Vaidehi asked.

"Vaidehi, these kits are not always accurate; they can give false results too," the doctor clarified.

"Okay, but those symptoms..." Vaidehi inquired.

"Those were due to a stomach infection; did you eat something from outside?" the doctor asked.

"Yes, I ate out the day before," Vaidehi admitted.

"That's why those symptoms," the doctor explained.

"Okay," Vaidehi acknowledged.

"So, Vaidehi is not pregnant, right?" Rudra confirmed.

"No, Mr. Malhotra, she's not," the doctor reassured them, and they both breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you, doctor, and I'll ensure she gets her medicine and follows a proper diet from now on," Rudra promised.

"Yes, you should, Mr. Malhotra," the doctor advised.

Both thank the doctor and leave the hospital

"Thank god" Vaidehi uttered after getting into the car.

"What thank god, tumhe doubt tha k positive aayega?" Rudra said and chuckled, and Vaidehi slapped his shoulder, saying, "Shut up," and they both chuckled.
(did you doubt that it would come back positive?")

"Achha tell me tumhe ek bar bhi doubt nahi hua merepe?" Vaidehi ask in midway Vaidehi asked halfway through the journey
(Okay, tell me, did you ever have any doubts about me?)

"For what?" Rudra asked while driving

"I mean, when the test came back positive and nothing has ever happened between us, did you ever feel like I might be having an affair or something like that?" she asked, trying to control her laughter.

"No, even I was trying hard to recall if something had happened between us that we might have forgotten, but it hasn't," he said, looking straight ahead at the road. Hearing this, her eyes softened.

"You trust me that much?" she asked affectionately.

"Don't you trust me?" he asked, turning his gaze towards her, and she remained silent, then hummed.

"Achha what if tumhari jagah mai hota to tum doubt karti mujhpe?" He asked after silence of some minutes
(Okay, what if our roles were reversed? Would you doubt me?)

"Tum thodi pregnant ho sakte ho" she said and both laughed hard
(You can't be pregnant)

"I do trust you a lot, and you can trust me too. I will never break your trust, I promise," he said, and she smiled.

Soon they reached home and informed everyone about the reports. Gauatri and Sunaina's faces fell, but they didn't say anything.

The next day, everyone went to their respective work. Vaidehi was having breakfast alone as she woke up late.

"Anything else you need, beta?" Sunaina asked

"Nahi maa, I'm too full," Vaidehi said while taking the last sip of juice.