Chapter 17

Vaidehi picked out a dress, tidied up the mess, and then, feeling exhausted, she swiftly succumbed to sleep.

Rudra emerged from the washroom in trousers and a plain T-shirt.
Glancing at the sleepy Vaidehi, he couldn't help but think, "I unnecessarily yelled at her."

He lay down on the couch, placing one hand on his forehead, contemplating Ruhi and her words.

"I need to call her in the morning and meet her tomorrow. Explanation will be difficult and not enough for what i did, but I don't know, Ruhh, how to make you understand what I'm going through, how helpless I am." As he pondered, tears welled up in his eyes. "I must meet her, explain everything. She won't answer my calls right now. Maybe by morning, her anger will subside, and she'll listen to me."

Lost in thoughts of Ruhi, he, too, drifted into sleep.

_______

The next morning, Vaidehi's phone buzzed, and she opened her eyes. Just as she was about to answer the call, the phone abruptly switched off.

"Arre, maa ka call! But what happened to the phone?" she mumbled, realizing she forgot to plug in the charger. "Oh, Vaidehi, kya hoga tera," she shook her head.

Worry crept in, "What if maa had something urgent? What do I do?"
Glancing at Rudra, she thought, "I can call using his phone."
She jumped from the bed towards him, finding him peacefully asleep.
However, as she tried to use his phone, it was locked.

"What's the password?" she wondered.

And a mischievous idea crossed her mind.

She gently reached for his hand, intending to use his fingerprint, but Rudra woke up abruptly. Startled, Vaidehi flinched, causing the phone to slip and land in a water containing bowl there

"What the..." Rudra began, but she interrupted, "aise kaun darata hai?"
(Who scares like this?)

"Maine daraya?" Rudra asked after staring at her for a moment.
(Did I scare you?)

"Obviously! Who told you to wake up so suddenly?" she questioned.
"First, tell me what the hell were you doing?" he inquired,
"What the hell... my phone..." he exclaimed as soon as his eyes fell on his phone before Vaidehi could respond

"Actually, Maa called on my phone, but it got switched off. That's why I thought to use your phone. It was locked, so I tried the fingerprint unlock with your finger touch... that's it," she explained casually.

"For that, you could have woken me up and asked for the phone, right?" he asked, losing his temper.

"Oh, yeah. But the idea of waking you up didn't cross my mind," she said, displaying zero guilt.

Rudra got frustrated, abruptly getting up and holding her shoulder a little too tightly. "What's your problem? Why can't you stay calm?" he said harshly.

"Rud... Rudra, what are you doing? It... it hurts," she protested.

"You know, it's all because of you. You've turned my life into a roller coaster," he released her with a jerk and left the room.

An unnoticed tear escaped from her eye, which she quickly wiped away, muttering, "It's just a phone; there was no need to overreact. Sadu kahika, huhhh. "

Rudra left the hotel, finding solace in a nearby park where he sat on a bench. "What should I do? With this phone, how can I contact Ruh? I don't even remember her number," he regretted not memorizing it.

Throughout the day, he remained at the park. Meanwhile, Vaidehi was upset, not just because he shouted at her, but because her plans for Disneyland were ruined.