Chapter 41

That night, Rudra couldn't sleep. Instead, he found himself unable to look away from Vaidehi. Was he falling for her? Why couldn't he stop watching her?

A month had passed, but Rudra was still struggling with his feelings. Every day, his heart told him more clearly that he was falling for her. At first, he cared for her because he felt responsible as her husband and as the perfect daughter-in-law for his family.

But now, something has changed. He felt a stronger sense of responsibility and care for her. His heart raced, and warmth filled his chest whenever he saw her. Simple gestures—a handshake, a touch of her hand, or her running her fingers through his hair—made him feel alive. Her laughter, especially when it was because of him, made her even more beautiful in his eyes. Despite all this, his mind refused to accept the truth—he was in love with her.

One morning, Rudra was getting ready for the office and was about to leave when he heard his wife's sleepy voice, "Is there an important meeting today?"

"Nope," he replied.

"Then why are you leaving so early?" she asked, rubbing her eyes.

"I'm going to the temple. It's Monday," Rudra explained.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I would have come too," she said, sitting up in bed.

"But you're on your periods, right?" he said.

"Oh, that's over now, so I can go," she replied.

"Then get ready quickly, I'll wait downstairs," Rudra said.

"Okay," she said with a bright smile, rushing towards the bathroom.

He went downstairs to the kitchen, where Sunaina was making breakfast.

"Good morning, maa," Rudra greeted, hugging her from behind.

"Good morning, going to the temple?" she asked, and he nodded.

"What's for breakfast today?" he inquired.

"I'm making parathas, Aashu wanted them, but tell me if you want something else," Sunaina replied, stuffing the parathas.

"Um, nothing, I'll make instant suji ke chile. I've been craving them for a long time," Rudra said, searching for the semolina packet.

"Why don't you just sit outside, I'll make them," Sunaina suggested.

"No, maa, I'll do it," Rudra insisted, still looking for the suji.

"Has Vaidehi woken up?" Sunaina asked.

"Yes, maa, she's showering and will come to the temple too," Rudra replied.

"Okay," Sunaina said.

Rudra took the suji in a bowl and added curd, mixing it well with a pinch of salt, chili powder, chili flakes, and a little baking soda He covered the bowl with a lid and set it aside. Then, he chopped some vegetables into small pieces.

Next, Rudra heated a pan on the stove and mixed the chopped veggies into the semolina batter along with some coriander leaves. Once the pan was hot, he added oil and poured the mixed batter onto the pan, making a chila.

"You know, Vaidehi is super lucky," Sunaina remarked as Rudra cooked.

"Why?" Rudra asked.

"Because her husband knows how to cook and cook very well at that," Sunaina replied, chuckling.

"In that case, you're lucky too," Rudra said while flipping the chila.

"How so? Your father doesn't even know how to boil tea," Sunaina teased.