Chapter 22

Rudra thought for a moment and called Sunaina.

"Hannn bol," Sunaina said, picking up the call.

"Are you busy, mss?" he asked.

"Um, no, why? What happened?" she asked.

"If not, then can you please go to my room?" he asked.

"Yes, but why?" she inquired.

"Actually, maa, Vaidehi is confused about what to wear and what not, so please go and suggest her something good," he said.

"But beta, how can I..." she started, but Rudra interrupted, "aree maa, please, find something nice and suggest it, and also say that she'll look good in it, blah blah."

"But Rudra, how can..." she began, but Rudra hung up the call, saying, "Please, maa, okay, thank you, bye."

"Now say no to maa, getting too clever naa, let's see how you refuses this time," he mumbled with a smirk and resumed his work.

"Ye Rudra bhi naa." Sunaina shook her head and went to Rudra's room.

Vaidehi was standing in front of the cupboard when she heard a knock. She tilted her head in that direction and found Sunaina there.

"Aree maa... come on in," she said, looking at her. Sunaina went near her.

"Do you have some work with me? You could have called me; I would have come," she said, but Sunaina didn't reply and just looked in the cupboard. She chose a dress and gave it to Vaidehi.

"Maaa, this...?" Vaidehi asked in confusion.

"Wear this tonight. You'll look very pretty," Sunaina said, cupping her cheek.

"But maa, how do you know I was confused about what to wear?" Vaidehi asked.

"Well, Rudra called and said, 'Go and help Vaidehi; she's being too confused,'" Sunaina said, and Vaidehi just smiled, saying, "Oh, thank you, maa

"Rudra is too serious about this deal. Maybe that's why he doesn't want any gadbad," Sunaina explained.

"Hann, maybe," Vaidehi said.

"This deal means a lot to his Papa; maybe that's why he doesn't want to take any little risks at all," Sunaina assumed.

"He loves Papa so much, right?" Vaidehi said.

"More than anything, but i think he loves his dadimaa 2 gram more than Papa," Sunaina said, and both chuckled.

"Okay, now rest and get ready on time," Sunaina said, leaving after Vaidehi nodded yes with a smile.

Vaidehi put the dress on the bed, sat beside it, and mumbled, "If it wasn't this important for Papa, I would have never ever come with you, Mr. Akdu."
___

Around 7 pm, Rudra entered the room while occupied with his phone.

"I hope you are ready, late nahi ka...r...va..o..gi..." he muttered upon entering. As soon as he saw her, his eyes got fixed on her. She stood in front of the mirror, wearing earrings.

"Hann, hann, I'm ready. Don't scream now and get ready first," she said while wearing earrings, then turned towards him and noticed that he was staring at her.

"What happened?" she asked.

"N-not-nothing. It's good that you're ready. I thought tum late karvaogi, " he said, maintaining his gaze.

"Now you're the one doing late. Go and get ready; what are you doing go, naaa?" she said.

"Um, h-hann, just 10 minutes," he said, moving towards the washroom.