Chapter 38

"Chocolate khayegi," Vaidehi said

"When does i say no for chocolats?" jiya said, and vaidehi opened the drawer and gave her chocolate

Jiya looked at all the chocolates in the drawer and asked, "Do these so many chocolates fill your stomach?"

Vaidehi replied, "Oh these, actully Rudra brought them yesterday. And you know what happened today? I didn't have any pads left when my period came, and we were supposed to go shopping today. I thought I'd buy some pads, but my date surprised me last night."

"Then," jiya asked

"Then I asked Rudra to call Aashi, but unfortunately, she wasn't home either. So, he went himself to get pads for me, the ones I use,' Vaidehi continued.

"Woww he's being green flag day by day," jiya said

"Yeah, he's been behaving well since that day,' Vaidehi agreed.

'I hope he keeps it up,' Jiya said.

"Yeah, I don't regret forgiving him. Our patch-up happened in a weird way, but you know what they say. Everything happens for the best. And now I even don't hate Ruhi; she's actually a nice person. She had the chance to persuade Rudra to be with both of them, but instead, she convinced me. Can you believe it?' Vaidehi said.

'She's so strange. If I were in her place, I couldn't have done that,' Jiya admitted.

'Yeah, and remember that girl who had a crush on Nishant?' Vaidehi recalled.

'You literally slapped her, Veduu. You really hated her,' Jiya said, and they both laughed.

"Whatever, as long as Rudra is mine, I don't have any problem with Ruhi. She's far from both of our lives now. She hasn't even tried to contact us anymore. She called once just to let me know she reached her destination, and that was only because I asked her to call when she got there," Vaidehi explained.

"Are you sure Jiju isn't in contact with her anymore?" Jiya inquired.

"I'm pretty sure. I've seen it in Ruhi's eyes, and I trust her. She would never do anything to harm our relationship," Vaidehi assured.

"What about Jiju? Has he forgotten her?" Jiya probed.

"Forgetting your first love isn't easy, bro. You know how long it took me to get over Nishant, even though I never really loved him; he was just an attraction. But Rudra and Ruhi were in love," Vaidehi explained.

"So, do you want to spend your whole life like this, without love?" Jiya questioned.

"We decided to give this relationship another chance for the sake of our family. There's nothing bigger than family in this world. And I've already told you my reason for coming back. I'm not regretting it even a little bit. Our marriage was arranged, so it will take time for us to understand each other. We're still getting to know each other as friends. Love is something that takes time to develop, and we're happy with where we are right now," Vaidehi elaborated.

"Ah, this is so complicated, yaar," Jiya sighed.

"You lovers don't know the fun of an arranged marriage," Vaidehi chuckled.

"I don't even want to know. I'm happy with my life," Jiya replied.

"So, how's everything going with Neel?" Vaidehi asked.

"Smoothly," Jiya replied.

"It's been three years; when are you guys getting married?" Vaidehi inquired.

"Neel just wants to settle down a bit. He's thinking of getting his own place so that we can live separately after marriage," Jiya explained.

"Why not stay with family?" Vaidehi questioned.