𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟔

"𝐈𝐅 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄, 𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒."

Days went by and her anticipation grew more intense.

She didn't realise it until she felt it. She waited, she waited for him.

Why?

Only if she knew!

The way he would tease her, make her chuckle at his lighthearted jokes or just listen to her play the harp on a chilly rainy day as if her voice were music to his ears.

She missed it, missed it so much.

After that day things seemed distant.
You didn't realise it until you felt it, every time, when he won't spare a second glance before leaving the room or maybe those other times when he would not bother lending a ear your way when words within you fluttered to be led out.

Who was it again, who always listened to things you had to say?

Right... It was him.

Your world truly revolved around him...! Yet you acted oblivious.

Is that why he was always keeping you in dark? Just because of that!?

He knew it, didn't he that you hated being left alone? Then why, why did he do it?

Why was he so indifferent? You could only wonder.

"Did...I do anything to displease you, my lord?" You spoke, your hands loosely tucked in his kimono, holding him back from departing your chamber.

He clicked his tongue as he let a low scoff out before withdrawing his cloth from your grip.

"What makes you think that?" He simply asked, his eyes following every little movement of yours.

"Don't you know it?" you asked, your latter voice, sounding quieter.

"I am afraid, I got no clue." He answered nonchalantly, looking away.

"...right." You muttered.

"Then what is it that makes you so..." you hesitated as you fiddled with the ribbons hanging loosely from your kimono.

"Makes me so, what?" he asked, as he locked his eyes with you.

You looked down biting  your lips battling with yourself to let those words out.

"Tell me what makes me so, what?" he asked once again, as he took a step your way.

"Distant." you blurted out, still looking down.

He scoffed, you watched it slowly turning into a laughter as if a laughter to mock you.

"Since when were we close, Y/N?" He sneered, a smirk dancing on his lips.

His words felt like a harsh reality check.

'...oh'

'...I forgot.'

"Perhaps you are deluding yourself?" He asked, the tension in the air going more palpable.