Chapter 445 - Rank 3 Battle Mage

They cleared the 40th floor and decided to stay here to rest. It took them four hours to clear this entire giant floor and the monster that they killed were more than a thousand. Also, there were two B-rank here guarding the path towards the floor below.

The bodies of the monsters that they killed turned into dust as it was absorbed by the labyrinth. Most of them left some sort of stone that was filled with mana.

The monsters in this place weren't real monsters. They were just creatures that were created by the labyrinth using its essence. Also, the people that died in this place will also turn into dust and get absorbed by the labyrinth. That way, the labyrinth could keep producing strong and powerful monsters.

It was a never ending cycle. People would plunder the concentrated mana that came out of the monster here and the labyrinth would absorb the people that died here.

"Let's rest for now," Souta said to them while patting his clothes.

He just realized that the living labyrinth was like a dungeon in the game. It has a game like structures. Means that he could farm here just like how he farmed in the game. Killing all the monsters and wait for them to respawn before he killed them once again.

But he wasn't sure if the monster here could respawn infinitely. So he asked Saya for more information about the living labyrinth. The information he had from the game was simple and he didn't delve into details. He just know that people could get a god's legacy in the living labyrinth.

The answer that he gets from Saya was within his expectations. The monster here couldn't respawn infinitely and it only respawns based on the amount of energy that each floor has. If he repeatedly cleared all the monsters on this floor, eventually the labyrinth would lose the energy intended for this floor and no monster would appear.

It will slowly gather energy by receiving energy from the other floors. It didn't mean that the other floors would get weakened. The other floors wouldn't give energy if they lack it, they will only give energy if they had spares. So it had to wait until a bunch of people died on the other floors and filled up this floor to get it back to work.

That's just how it works.

Souta thanked Saya and quickly formed a plan in his head. He then gathered Alice, Torkez, Franklin, Isabella, Yenxa, Doranjan, and Yuko in front of him.

"Okay, from now on. We'll repeatedly clear this floor until it runs out of energy to respawn monsters." Souta said and he explained what he just learned from Saya.

"But by doing that, I think that we're just wasting our time?" Torkez asked with a confused expression.

The others nodded at his question. There's no point in clearing each floor repeatedly until it runs out of energy. They could simply go down after clearing it once.

"Well, it's some sort of combat experience for Isabella and Yenxa. The rest can just stay here and wait until we've finished everything." Souta wouldn't say that it was about farming exp for him to increase his exp bar by a little bit.

"Well, if you say so then I don't have a problem with it. Also, I wanted to test the strength of parasites in those monsters." Alice said as she sat down and closed her eyes.

The others didn't have a problem with it so they agree with him. They knew that Isabella was quite strong but she wasn't that expert in fighting. She would lose to some people who had a vast experience that has the same power level as her. Although she learned a lot of things in Saya's inner consciousness, it still wasn't enough in fighting people who experienced dozens of life and death situations. Also, the focus of her training at that time was simply to increase her power level to reach B-rank so that she could somehow survive in extreme environments.