Chapter Eight- Damanion

Chapter Eight

Damanion

I stand in the training dome. Today I am being chosen to fill one of the private guards. There are seven of us. The eighth person isn't here. "One spot has already been taken." The queen says. All of us look around at each other. "There are only 2 spots left."

"Who has already been chosen?" A woman elf asks. She is tall with dark skin, blue eyes, light hair, and a sword strung across her back.

"Number eight has been chosen. I'm not sure if you have heard but the eighth, Adalyn Venqilsh, fought against the poor queen last night. She impaled The Poor Queen two times, also cutting off her arm." We stand there in silence. I take a look at the others. They are pale. And, one of the witches looks a bit sick. Lakenna just stands there watching us as If she didn't just dump a whole load of bad news on us.

"The queen of fairies is back?" The witch asks. Lakenna nods.

"What do we do?" I ask. Everyone looks over back at Lakenna. She frowns.

"We don't know. But, right now we need to start training." Everyone nods. She explains the first task. She will test us on physical fights. However, we can not use any of our "abilities" or weapons. We will get paired up randomly. I get paired up with a winged witch. She had her wings tied behind her back. Lakenna raises her hand. "On the count of three you start. Whoever is detained first wins." We nod at her. We both walked back from each other. This test is looking for physical strength and the ability to beat someone with no advantages. I get into a fighting stance. We are both around 8 feet away from each other. "One... Two... THREE!" The winged witch charges at me. I look down at her. I swiftly jumped out of her way to avoid the collision. But, she seems to know that. After all, she has been training for this for years. I grin as she grasps my arm. She has a hard, firm grip. She's upright, and she throws a punch. I block it with my free hand, my left. I take a swing with my leg. I hit right in the back of her knee, causing her to collapse. I chuckle a bit "My my, you look pretty~" The witch turns red as wine. She throws a hard punch at my cheek bone. I cough and jump off from where I was previously on top of her. I grasp my cheek. I spit blood from my mouth.

What I didn't expect happened next. I kept blocking and hitting back. I saw an open spot. I jabbed her straight in the solar plexus, hard. She gasped for air. I took her taking her hands away as an opportunity. I quickly swiped my leg under and had her falling. I ran around her and caught her. In the face full of feathers I grabbed her arms and brought her to the ground. She was detained.

"Damonian! You have won against Runa!" Lakenna yells. I smile and get off of her back. I help her back up. "Good game." I say. I reach out my hand and she shakes it. We both walk off the designated fight circle.

...

One after another fights accor. Each of them ends in about 10 minutes. 40 minutes in all. "Okay, one more test and we are done for the day. We will be testing your bow and arrow skills." Lakkenna announces. I'm terrible with bows. I think. I mope as we walk towards the targets. This will surely bring my score down. "Grab your bow and arrows. No spells, potions, or advantages allowed. Normal weapons." I pick out the one that is best sized for me. I walk towards target one. "You may start. Once you get three arrows in the eye then you may step back." I grimace as I raise the bow up. I hold the bow tightly with my left hand and begin to pull the string and arrow back with the other. I take a deep breath and point towards the eye of the target. I'm about 20 feet away. I shoot. First try it hits. I grin, I have never gotten it first try. I run over and pull it out. Hay spews out after it. The arrow went in deep. That will be easy for me. I run back to my spot and get back into position. I look over and see the elf woman from before stepping back. She has already finished. I furrow my brow and continue to shoot. 6 tries later I got it. I'm one of the last along with an ogre and a witch. I smirk as I walk away from my standing place and drop my bow on the table. "Finally."

I never use bows. I was taught to use guns. I'm a sniper. I'm a sniper for a group. The leader is Shanka. She's at least 30. I was taught from a young age to not tell anyone. We are called the silent Tueses. Tueses are creatures who roamed the woods. They are killable creatures but it can be a bit hard, for if they don't want to be seen they won't be seen. I'm attempting to join the private guard to keep an eye on the castle, and to report to Shanka. The queen used to be part of the Tuesses. However almost all of the members from then went their separate ways.

I stand in line with the people who have already finished. I look over. The elf girl is standing there. She's really pretty. I blush and look away. She notices. I grin at her. She nods her head and looks away. I look back at the people competing. After this test I for sure lost some points. I grimace.

One after another, each of them finish. We all stand in a straight line. "All of you did good. Please come back in two days to continue tests." Lakenna announces. I sigh; I'm glad it's over. The queen leads us all towards the front doors of the castle. "I thank you for coming today." Queen Lakenna smiles at us. Each of us bow at her as we walk out of the castle. Im last. I walk up to her and bow. But once I stand back up I look her in the eyes.

 "Jin ton, jin san. I know your secret, Lakenna." I said to her, She stares down at me, frightened. "Who are you?" She asks.

"I work for Shanka." I walk out of the door, no more talking, no explanation. Funny thing is, she thought Shanka was dead.