Chapter Eleven- Ada

Chapter Eleven

Ada

When Asalana and Lakenna came to see me they seemed happy. They didn't act that way towards each other, though. They left around thirty minutes after which they arrived.

Asalana seemed so happy to see me. Whereas Lakenna was cold. However, not towards me. Just in general. The meet was nice. They broke the news of me being picked for a Private guard too. I tried to argue but they said I was their first choice and that me not having a leg shouldn't stop me from being great. I thanked both of them, over and over.

I was told I could be released in a week. But, I would have to stay away from working for about a month. At least that I could recover. At least I wasn't dead. It feels weird to be without a limb. I keep looking down, expecting it to be there.

Nurses keep coming in, asking me if I need anything, giving me pain meds, and offering me food. I decline politely to some of the things but I am not declining the pain meds. My head hurts so much, my eye hurts, my wing hurts like hell, and my leg IS MISSING. Life couldn't go any better.

I slouch down in my bed. There is literally nothing better to do. I'm so bored. The window is open, blowing in a fresh breeze. The white curtains blowing along with it. I have a vase of flowers, probably from the Queens. They are pink tulips. They look nice.

The only entertainment in this room right now is the books. I have already read through one of them today. I have 3 more, however, for a week that's not a lot. I open the book, Till we once go, and start reading. It's a nice book, the first couple times you read it. After that it gets boring. I just hope the time goes by quickly

...

The days are going by like a slug in honey. I have been in this bed for the past few days and I need movement. But, my leg is still healing. This is wonderful.

I sit there, in silence. The gentle hum of the medical equipment around me is comforting. The beeping of the machine is getting on my nerves, though. I keep looking over at it, glaring at it, hoping it will stop. It wont, inanimate objects don't work like that. Nothing works like that.

Losing my leg was never expected. Almost losing my wing and eye was terrifying. I'm going to kill the Queen of Moths. I promise myself, I promise the Queens, and I promise my brother.