Chapter Ten- Asalana

Chapter Ten

Asalana

I can't find Lakenna anywhere. Her personal guards are here but she's gone. I walk into our bedroom. There is an open box on the bed. Inside there is a small leather book. I don't want to snoop however, I have never seen this before. I open the book and start reading through.

There are entries from 20 years ago. All of them talking about this person "Seeing things". I'm flipping though. But, I start seeing familiar names. People's names such as Hanlin, Jhanah, Dion, and Silika. Even Lakenna. I read through. This must be Shankas book. But, these entries... they have info about things that happened after she wrote them. It even has information about me.

Lakenna is hiding the book and I don't know why. I then get to the last pages. All other pages after this are ripped out. I start reading. My heart sinks. The end of the world? The symbol of peace? What does this mean? Will it be true? This is all too much..

The bedroom door opens. I whip my head around. Lakenna is standing there in black clothing and a cloak. She takes sight of what I'm holding.

"W-what is this?" I ask. I'm holding on tight to it. She clenches her fists. "Where have you been, too?" She looks up at me with guilt in her eyes. "You went back to that place didn't you?"

"Asalana, you have to understand." She says

"Understand what? That you are hiding things and breaking your promise? You said you would leave it all behind."

"I can't though. My dear, it was my whole life, that group. They were my family."
"I'm your family."

"No! Asalana, I cant leave that behind. I love you so much but I cant let go."

"You did bad things with them. You were a bad person with them. I saved you."

"You took me away from them."

"You went to go see her didn't you? You went to go see Shanka."

Lakenna freezes. "How do you know she's alive.. I never told you she was alive. She never told anyone she was alive."

"You think I don't know what goes on in my own kingdom? I'm the queen of this kingdom. I know what happens within this territory."

"I should know what happens too!" She yells at me. I throw the book onto the bed.

"I saved you from them. You're a queen now. You're my wife. You are not one of the Tueses." I walk past her. I have to get out of this room.