Chapter Fourteen- Lakenna

Chapter Fourteen

Lakenna

Ever since me and Alasana's fight we have been distant. Today I have to bring back the people for the selection. We will have a couple more tests and then it will be time.

I don't know if I want to choose Damanion. Him being a part of the Silent Tuesse's could make things... complicated. But, if we make an alliance with them, things could go right. However, I know Asalana would not be happy about this.

I sit out in the training dome, waiting for the seven of them. Today we will be testing their shooting and using their abilities if they have any.

They all gather in the dome. They stand in a line, standing tall. I announce in front of them. "Today we will be choosing our Private Red Guard." The creatures look around to each other. "We shall start the final tests. Everyone grab a gun.* I say out. I look at the people. Some of them look disappointed, some of them look happy. Damanion looks ecstatic. I gesture towards a table. It has just normal guns on there. Each of them walk over and pick up theirs.

They walk on towards the targets. They shoot. Some of them hit close to the bullseye, but Damanion gets it right in the center. He smiles with joy. I watch, impressed. No doubt, he's the one who handles the guns in Shanka's group. I watch the others closely. I have a feeling of whom I want to choose. This time, there will be more than just 3 private red guards. Now that the Moth Queen is back I need more. I might choose five this time and have the other three be second in command.

The private red guard's jobs are to lead it all. To protect everyone. They are also there to help with battles against other kingdoms. Over the years my kingdom has been a target for attacks, because of the wealth and power we have obtained. The red guards job is to plan the fighting strategies, and to go through with them. We have four spots for the guard left. Ada has already taken one of the spots. However, I know I will take Damanion in. I will have to keep watch on him, though. And, there is this one winged witch, Runa, that I want. She's quite talented. An elf catches my eye too. She's tall with dark skin and light blue eyes. She has the skills of swords. Her name is Avayin.

Those three are the ones that pop out the most. The other four of them seem to be at a good level, though.

Everyone has gotten a bullet into the bullseye. They put their guns down and step back. They all turn around and face me. "That was good." I say. "Time for the next test.

"The ability to kill." I say. They all stand in a straight line, staring into the dome. There are mannequins. They stare nervously. "Kill the civilians." I made sure to take some of my best witches to control the creatures and make sure they move and attack realistically. There are eighty people. I will be keeping track of how many each of them kill. "You may choose whatever weapon to use to kill. Swords, guns, even magic and potions work too." Each of them looked relieved when I announced that. "Go get your choice of weapon or ability and be back in twenty." The creatures nod and go on and take twenty minutes.