Chapter Twelve- Damanion

Chapter Twelve

Damanion

I got back to my apartment. I throw my leather bag onto the dark wood flooring. The room is quite small. I don't have much money for a bigger one. Then again, we are in Winden, city of light. More like city of money. Everything is so expensive here. I'm no witch however the stuff here for potions are quite expensive compared to items in other places.

I collapse down onto my bed, landing with a sigh. It's been a couple of days since I was at the castle, trying to get chosen for the private guard. I have to go back tomorrow.

It's about to be 9pm and I hear something outside my window. I carefully got up off my bed and grabbed my gun, which was on my dresser. I slowly walk over to the window, looking out. I can't see well, it's too dark. I go and turn off my lights in my room, hoping to be able to see clearer into the dark night. I look out. A man, trying to get in. He hasn't seen me yet. I gasp and stand right next to the window, gun in hand. He must have known I'm in here. I was just laying on my bed, which is in clear view of the window. And, I turned the lights of, which must have made it clear I was in here.

My breathing is hard. I take a small look outside from where he is trying to get in. I'm on the bottom floor, so he's just standing there, searching through his large bag. That's when I see it, he pulls out a gun. I swear under my breath and go back to where I was standing. My plan is that the second he comes in here I shoot.

He walks back over to my window, and finally gets it open. He climbs in, his face is covered. He's holding the gun in his hand. He's completely oblivious that I'm right next to him, soon to be behind him, since he just started walking in. "Drop your gun, now." I say. The tall man wearing all black whips around, his gun pointed at me. "I will shoot if you dont drop it." I say, staring him in the eyes.

He puts his left hand up, and places the gun onto the floor with his other. "Kick it over.." He does. I keep my own gun up, as I lean down and pick up the gun, putting it on a small table beside me. "Who are you?" I ask. He wont talk. "If you don't say anything I will shoot.. It's called self defense, as... Nah my mother is reading this. Now, say something." The tall man nods.

"I was sent here, to kill you."

"No, really? Who were you sent by?"

The man's face goes dark. "Jin ton..." He says. I freeze in realization. His voice sounded familiar.

"Jin san." I say back. I lower my gun a bit. "Take your mask off.." He puts one of his hands down and pulls his mask off. It's James, Jhanas child. I sigh. "Why are you trying to kill me?" I ask.

"Shakana sent me. You shouldn't have revealed she was alive to the queen."

"The queen was going to find out either way." I answer back. Why couldn't Shakena come talk to me herself? I put my gun up towards him again. "Get out, or Ill shoot your heart out." James starts walking towards my window.

"Can I at least get my gun back."

"Get out of my apartment right now." I say. He gives me a glare and crawls out of my window. I walk over and slam it closed. If I didn't hear James I would have died. I turn my lights back on and secure my window shut. I lock it up completely. I can finally rest.