Chapter Twenty- Lakenna

Chapter Twenty

Lakenna

I hear a knock on the door. I shoot up from my seat and walk over. I unlock the doors and look out to Ada. "Fairy in the gardens. The queen still roams, she sent her. The fairy is now in the dungeon until she talks." Ada says. Me and Asalana sigh with relief. We turn back and sit in our seats. The room is a bit dim now, without the lighting of the windows.

Ada stands back behind us. King Sam looks like he has some questions. "There will be a war." I say, calmly. "The Queen of the Fairies is back." Sam's eyes darted between all of us.

"There is something you all need to know." Asalana says. "Ada wields the sword and blood of Fana Venqilsh." She says. We all turn to Ada. Ada nods.

"Yes, was this not known?" She says.

So, that must be the reason Queen Ele is going after her. I turn back to Sam. "We need your help." I say. "The queen already attacked Ada twice. Resulting in a cut wing and no more leg the second time." Sam glances down to Ada's leg and her wing. He nods.

"You helped us once in a war. How about we go at it again?" Asalana says, smiling. Sam looks at us like we just threw an anvil at his head.

"W-Wait... So, The Queen of Moths is back? You all act so calm about it... If she's back then... What about the others?" Sam says. I nod.

"For all we know the other greats have not shown up yet." Asalana says. "If they have, people would have shown it. However, no one but us and the other red guards know about Ele." She says.

I look back at Ada. She stands there, leaning on her cane. The lower feathers of her wings drag on the floor. Her wings are white, grey, and black. She bows her head down at me. "Ada, you may be excused. Go rest." I say, as an order. Ada smiles down at me and nods.

She limps out of the room, using her cane as her main support. She closes the doors behind her. Sam turns back to us, with a serious face.

"Do the other rulers of the world even know?" He asks. We both shake our heads no. He looks down at his half finished food. This is all quite concerning. The greats have been gone for thousands of tears and now, the Queen of Moths is back, looking for revenge.

"What do we do?" He asks another question. Me and Asalana look over at each other.

"We don't know." I say.

"All of our lives could be at stake right now."

"Yes, I suppose so."

"You do realize how bad this is? The wretched woman who stole the symbol of peace is suddenly back on this earth looking for revenge."

I nod. I don't know what to say to that. This is really bad. "Our only choice, really, is war. That's the sad reality." I responded. I put my hands on my lap and sit up straight.

"Are you still hosting the ball?" He asks.

"Yes, we will. But, we will take more security measures." I responded.

We sit there in a worryful silence. The king speaks up.

"We need to do something about this. Do we know where Queen Ele is staying?"

"No, we don't know anything. All we know is she's back and she wants to avenge herself."

And she wont stop until she does.