Chapter Eighteen- Damanion

Chapter Eighteen

Damanion

"Why in the world would you tell Lakenna?" Shanka yells at me in her office. I'm seated on a wooden chair in front of her desk. She paces around the room, scolding me.

When Lakenna confronted Shanka that day she just left. None of the Tuesses knew where she went off to. She's finally back, and now yelling at me.

"Our whole saying is 'Jin ton, jin san.' What part of that do you not understand? No tells, no tales. And you go off and tell Lakenna! You are literally fluent in Poileaina. " She yells. She pounds her fist on her desk table in front of me. I jumped back in my chair a bit. She's seething. She looks like she's about to jump onto me and hold a dagger to my throat.

I look away from her. She stands up straight and looks down at me. "You are going to fix this. Now, tell me. Did you get in?" She says, staring at me with that sharp gaze. Thank the Greats I was accepted into the private red guards. If I didn't Shanka would kill me right here right now.

"Yes, I got accepted."

"Good. You can do what you need to.. Now, get out of my office." Shanka says. I rise from my chair and quickly rush out of the room. At this point if I even breathe near here she will shove a sphere through my heart.

I collapse in my bed the second I get back to my apartment. I throw books and some other items off my bed to fit in there. I will have to go to the palace tomorrow. And, before I left the day I was chosen, Lakenna told me to meet her in her office.

I can't even imagine what she wants. Shanka will kill me if I mess up one more time and Lakenna has the power to kill all of us.

I get into my outfit. Mine and the other three of us outfits are maroon with gold accents. When we get there the others are given tasks by Asalana out in the training dome. I go right to Lakenna's office on the second floor.

I knock on the huge oak doors. A second later Lakenna comes over and opens them up. She's unnaturally tall for a normal human. However, as a fairy... At least if she sends us all to execution the Tuesses can expose her secret and get her killed too. Or even put some kingdoms to war.

"Follow me." She says, walking to her desk. I sit in a chair across from the table. The last time I sat across someone at a desk it wasn't good.

She stares at me, with a violent gaze. "Listen, I know who you all are. I know where you all are. I could kill all of you. Unless, we create an alliance."

I tense up a bit. An alliance? "What might you mean?" I ask. She smiles down at me.

"I'm sure that the rest of you don't know about the Queen returning. No one but us and the other private red guards know. My kingdom needs help, if I'm going to be completely honest. I'll call it a..." She thinks for a second. "A reunion for the old Tuesses. And, we need all the help we can get." Lakenna says calmly. She's not really giving me a chance to say no.

I swear, the second I tell Shanka about this she's killing me herself. But, then again... If we don't accept then we are all dead.

"I'll give you the time to talk to Shanka about it. I want an answer in at most three days. It's either an alliance or death." I nod to her. I stand up from my seat.

We were called to the cabinet meeting room, just left of the northern library within the castle. I watch as the three people I know come in. But, that's when a winged woman came in. That must be Adalyn.

She walks in, leaning on her cane. The primary feathers of her wings brush against the floor. She walks past my chair and sits in the empty one beside me. I nod my head to her. I seem to already have respect for her. She fought against the Moth Queen. And, partly beat her.

Lakenna and Asalana soon walk in. We all stand up as they walk over to their own seats. Lakenna sits at the heading seat of the long table and Asalana sits in the chair beside her at the table. We all stare down towards them, waiting for them to start explaining why we were brought here.

"As you all should know, the yearly ball is coming up soon. In 20 days we will have the War of the Queens ball with people all over the world. However," She glances over to Asalana. "because the Moth Queen is back and most likely still roaming the world..." Ada looks down at the table. "Our security will have to be at an all time high. This is also why we picked five private red guards. Now, let's talk." Lakenna says. Four of us, but Ada, look around to each other.

"We could check every creature entering. I know we might already do that but like.. Really check." James suggests.

"Yes, thank you, James." Asalana says, nodding her head at James. He smiles proudly.

"We should have all guards on duty that night, with all weapons." Runa lets another idea out. Everyone nods in agreement.

"Look out for the moths." Ada says calmly. The four of us stare at her. Lakenna and Asalana nod. "Hundreds of moths show up whenever she's about to come. They line the floorings and walls." She explains.

We all nod in agreement.

"Well, how about us? What should we be doing?" I ask.

"You guys will be inside the party." Lakenna responds. "The private red guards are always there. I guess for.. Showing off." She says. All of us nod.

Ada nods. I look and smile over at her. She glances over to me and bows her head. I sigh and lean back in my chair a bit.

"Good. We will go over this more. However, I also have jobs for you all. Now, four of you," Lakenna gestures towards James, Avaylin, Runa, and I. "You will be going to your tasks that we assigned you this morning."

"Ada, you will stay here. We are having lunch with a King from the kingdom over." Asalana says after Lakenna. Ada nods.