Chapter Twenty-two - Ada

Chapter Twenty-Two

We lean Runa against the wall as we both shuffle through her purse and pockets to find her keys.

"I got em." I say, pulling them out of her bag. Avaylin grabs Runa and leads her in after I unlock the door. Luckily, we have the day off tomorrow because she and Damanion will be hungover as hell. We didn't count how much those two drank. But, we can certainly guess.

Avaylin leads Runa to her room. Runa stumbles in and closes the door behind her. "Get in your sleeping clothing." Avaylin says through the door. We can hear Runa audibly groan. Avaylin chuckles and rolls her eyes a bit. She walks back over to me, who is holding some of Runas stuff and my cane.

Good thing I decided to bring my cane with me. My leg is really sore right now. "Where is the kitchen?" I ask. I'm getting Runa some water. After drinking that much we know it will probably come back up.

Me and Avaylin walk past a couple rooms and enter into the kitchen. I place Runas stuff onto the counters. Avaylin grabs a glass from a nearby cabinet. I take a quick glance around Runas space. Something like this would cost at least 500,000 chanch. (Which is equivalent to 1.5 million US dollars) I turn around, and lean against my cane as I walk to the cabinets. I open them up, looking for some medicine or something.

This is probably not the first time Runa has been this drunk. I found some potions. I look for ones that help with sleep and other stuff. I look down at one bottle. "Hangover Helper"

I find it funny, the idea that Runa made a potion just for hangovers. She must do this with a lot or know people that do. I pick the bottle up and close the cabinet.

"One tablespoon in a glass of water." The card on the potion says. Avaylin looks over at me, holding the glass.

"I found something." I say, showing her the potion. She looks down at it and rolls her eyes a bit, smiling. She puts the glass down on the counter as she goes looking for a tablespoon.

I pop open the bottle. I look down at the blue liquid. I swirl it in the glass as Avaylin comes back with a small spoon. She hands it over to me and I pour the potion in. The potion is supposed to reduce how bad your hangover is in the morning. It also helps when you take it in the morning.

Runa climbs up the stairs to where the loft of the kitchen is, making a lot of noise. She's practically crawling up the stairs. Drunk 20 year olds are weird. Is this what being young is like? Cause, I never thought it would be like this.

Her wings drag behind her as she stands up in shorts and an oversized shirt. How she got that on drunk and with wings, I have no idea, but better not question it at this moment.

Avaylin walks over. "You really gotta get to bed." She says calmly. She grabs Runa by the arm softly. Runa tries to shoo off Avaylin. She walks over to the counter and sits down, more like stumbles to the counter and collapses into a chair.

She looks down at the glass of water.

"What's that?" She asks.

"Water and your potion." I say. I push the glass of water towards her. She groans as she takes it in her hands. Shes leaning onto the counter, half of her body spread across it. She sits up in her seat and gulps down the water.

Runa finishes the glass in about 30 seconds. She puts the glass down and leans back in the low backed chair. Her wings ruffle a bit and she spreads them in and out repeatedly.

Avaylin looks up at me confused, as if I know what she's doing just because I have wings. I shrug and we look down at Runa. She giggles a bit. She looks back at me, across the counter.

"You okay?" I ask. She nods. She yawns. I pinch the bridge of my nose as she continues to let out drunk giggles. Avaylin raises her eyebrows and looks up at me.

"Okay, bed time." I said to her, I limp over to Runa, leaning on my cane. Runa looks up at me and grimaces.

"I'm n-not a child." She says. I smile and look down at her. "I'm older than you-" She continues. "Why does everyone treat me like a child?" She says.

I walk over to her and pull her off the chair with my one available hand. Avaylin walks over too and we walk Runa down to her room together.

Avaylin and I hold onto her as I reach my leg out and softly kick the door open. It creaks open and we walk into the dim room, only being lighted by the moon.

We lead Runa over to her bed. It's quite large with a bunch of pillows and huge fluffy blankets. We drop her down onto her bed and she crawls across, and digs herself into the pillows and blankets. She passes out there almost immediately.

Avaylin and I quietly walk out of the room, closing the door behind us. We look at each other for a second.

"What do we do now?" I ask.

"I don't really want to catch a train at 3am.." She responds. I nod in agreement. I don't feel like flying home at 3am.

"Also, I have a feeling Runa will not be okay in the morning." I responded. Me and Avaylin laugh a bit. We look over to the large sectional couch. I shrug.

"Good enough for me. For punishment in the red guard academy I went to we would have to sleep on the floor for a week just for sleeping in late." I walk over to the couch and Avaylin follows after. She lays down on one side on the couch and I lay down on the other.

I place my cane and leg down next to the side of the couch. I lay down, pulling a blanket over me. Avaylins and I's head are close as we both look up to the ceiling. One of my wings is spread out, going to the floor, and the other one is pulled in tight, resting near the couch cushion.

"So..." Avaylin says, hesitating about what she's about to say next. "What was it like?" She asks.

"What was what like?"

"To be the one to discover a Great coming back after thousands and fighting them." She responds.

"It was... Unexpected." I answer.

"How did it happen?"

I go on to explain bits and pieces of everything. Once I finish we lay there in silence for a while. Thinking about it now, it's absolutely terrifying. The fact that a Great came back. And, not just any Great, but Queen Ele.

"What will happen..." Avaylin says. She asks me like I know the answer... But, in reality I'm just as scared and confused as anyone else that knows about it.

"World war I'm guessing... And with one Great back more are sure to come." We stay silent after I say that. Nothing is said.

We lay there, eventually I think Avaylin fell asleep. I turned over on the couch so both of my wings lay spread across the flooring. Avaylin is facing towards the room, whereas I am facing towards the couch cushions.

"Goodnight." I say. I can tell she's asleep by her now steady breathing. I close my own eyes, seeking sleep. The events from the past three months play in my head, over and over.

By the time I fall asleep it's 4am.