Chapter Seventeen- Asalana

Chapter Seventeen

Asalana

I sit in the library. Maids go around the shelves, dusting. Within my hands I hold a book of history. I read about the Moth Queen.

The whole world was once united. All fairies, humans, elfs, and other creatures, were all in peace and harmony. In the middle of the world was the Symbol of Nature. All creatures great and small gathered around to praise it.

The ancient object was a Lyre. The tale of the land is that one pluck of a string brings wealth, immortality, and luck to the one who dares to. However, the handheld harp can only be plucked by the goodest of creatures. Who plucks the string is named a Great.

The Greats rule the whole world. The Greats include Ele the Queen of Fairies, Johan the King of Human, Atha the Queen of Elf, Patrick the king of Angles, Enean the Ruler of Witches, and finally Deimos the King of the Small. One day Queen Ele became jealous of all the other greats and thrived for more power. She decided to steal the Lyre to pluck for a better fortune. The lyre did not resent being taken away from Queen of Moths for she was trusted by the precious object. The wretched queen stole the lyre and hid away with it. However, once she plucked it, the lyre started dissolving into thin air, for the one who plucked wasn't pure or had good intentions. Queen Ele started panicking and just ran back to her throne in the Grand Palace of the Greats.

Of course, someone noticed the lyre was missing and came running towards the Greats. The Greats all knew it had to be one of them for no one else could touch the lyre. That's when the argument that broke the world into wars and fights started. All fairies, humans, elfs, and all the others broke apart ending the peace.

No one confessed to the crime that they didn't do and that's then the world of species was split. Each Great had ruled their own section on the world. However, no one ruled, or even stepped on, the island of the missing Symbol of Nature.

Queen Ele was found to be stealing it. That's when the Great Fairy War started. Queen Ele led the huge army of fairies. However, in the end they were the losing team. A paid assassin by the name of Fana Venqilsh put an iron sword through the heart of Queen Ele, when on the battlefield, and she just... Vanished. All fairies were killed. The ones that managed to survive were made to hide and if they were caught, they were tortured until death. Once the fairies were killed, that's when everything went back into peace. Many different kingdoms formed and many new living things came.

However, one by one, the rest of the living Greats went missing. No one knew where they went. The creatures say they turned into stars or they went to a different universe to help save people. But, no one knew for sure where their rulers went.

With the Greats gone Kings and Queens were crowned to guide the kingdoms. The queens and kings were crowned because they were proved to be descendants of the Greats. The world was perfect. The kingdoms included Winden the Kingdom of Light, Azuland the Kingdom of Mushroom, Mleein the Kingdom of Rose, and Elein, The kingdom of death. All fairies were slaughtered and put to slavery. All kingdoms were at peace.
I reread the history over and over again. It makes no sense. Why would she be back after all this time? Why is she attacking Ada? I reread it one more time. I see it. Fana Venqilsh killed the Queen of Moths. Adalyn Venqilsh is a descendant of Fana.

My eyes widened. I stand up from my chair. I put the book away on the shelves. I pick another book from the shelves. "Ancient weapons of the world" The book is titled. I flip through the pages. There is one page in here with the weapon. If I'm right then we are royally screwed.

"Sword of freedom" The page is titled. There is a drawn picture of an iron sword. It's the sword the Ada wields. The long sword with an iron blade and handle. That's why the Moth Queen is after Ada.

She wants to take revenge.

This is shorter than normal (736 words) But, the next couple of chapters will be longer.