⭐️ (5) Demoman X Reader

Demoman is labelled many things

Demoman is labelled many things.... Smart, funny, talented, kind-natured... and an absolute mess when he's in love.

written 31/3/23

(3071 words)

Prior to preparing for today's battle, the mercenaries gathered in the kitchen at the break of dawn, the sweet aroma of Engie's pancakes enticing everyone out of their room

Prior to preparing for today's battle, the mercenaries gathered in the kitchen at the break of dawn, the sweet aroma of Engie's pancakes enticing everyone out of their room. Some already sat at the table as the girl entered, instantly noticing Scout sitting sloppily with one leg on his chair as he practically stuffed his breakfast down.

Heavy sat beside him, evidently becoming agitated as he fought to withstand the boy's obnoxiously loud chewing. Demoman, Medic, Sniper and Spy sat amongst themselves, not a word spoken as they ate. Although Soldier was no where to be seen, as was Pyro. Assuming they had already eaten, it was most likely that they were each doing something on their own.

"Mornin', beautiful." Engineer smiled, handing the girl a plate stacked with freshly cooked pancakes.

She greeted the Texan a good morning and thanked him as she took the plate, settling where Heavy sat as he stood from the table.

Unbeknownst to Engineer, or the girl, his casual greeting sent a pang of jealousy raging through Demoman. The second he heard his words, the Scotsman froze, swallowing hard a mouthful of food. His gaze narrowed sharply, remaining fixated on the table as he gave an exasperated sigh.

Once she sat at the table, the girl glanced to the men still present. "Hey boys."

Most of them hummed in response, not even looking up from their plates, but Demoman looked to her, his brows raised. He observed her in adoration, seeing the bright smile she gave Engineer faded to a subtle upturn at the corner of her lips.

Despite finishing his food some time ago, Demoman stayed present at the table. Occasionally the girl would chat to the Medic and Engineer while she ate, with Spy adding his input here and there.

Demoman pretended to listen in, propping his elbows atop the table, his hands clasped together and pressed against his mouth. His eye would dart to whoever exchanged conversation, his act making him seem like he was tuned in to the conversation intently. But truthfully, he merely wanted to be amongst her presence.