(3) Soldier X Reader

--

Life gets better.

"How are you feeling today, cupcake?"

(Y/n) gave a warm smile to the man sitting on the floor with her, petting the raccoon that had curled up on her lap.

She replied, "Better."

The girl observed the Soldier's expressions, seeing his face light up as a toothy, crooked smile appeared. (Y/n) giggled as she felt her cheeks heat up. She averted her gaze to the furry friend sitting between her legs, teasing the animal as it tried to nibble at her fingers.

Soldier chuckled, his hand reaching out to stoke the raccoon. "He likes you." He spoke softly.

(Y/n) laughed as she watched the animal scurry away. "He's cute."

"You're cute." Soldier blurted out with a grin on his face.

Her eyes locked onto his as quick as a flash. She felt herself being tugged into an embrace, the Soldier's strong arms wrapping around her frame so gently. She snuggled up to him, burying her face in his chest. (Y/n) sighed in contentment as she felt the American rubbing soothing circles on her back.

Today's battle had left the entire team drained of energy. Though they had succeeded, crowning themselves victorious, the sound of a drunken celebration was non-existent. A majority of the team were catching up on well needed rest, while some occupied themselves with a little pass-time of theirs.

The evening was dragging by. With his girlfriend, the Soldier stayed in his room, merely playing with his pet raccoon. On days like these, the man would see his beloved smiling so bright and with a care in the world; just the way Soldier wanted it to be.

𝐓𝐅𝟐 𝐗 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 | 𝐎𝐧𝐞-𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬 & 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐬On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara