⭐ (5) Soldier X Reader

--

For Shoutos_Queen

Love yourself.

"You have fought, and won, many wars, Missy

"You have fought, and won, many wars, Missy. These are battle scars you should be proud of." The Soldier smiled.

(Y/n) sighed heavily as she stood in front of her mirror, silently grimacing at her very being. Soldier had been in search of his partner. Unexpectedly, he had walked into her bedroom, only to find her mentally beating herself up for the way she looked. The American was by her side in an instant, comforting her as best as he could.

"Soldier, the scars don't bother me." She told, all the while staring into the dirty mirror. "I was bound to get them while working a job like this." She added.

Confused, Soldier cocked his head slightly, soon asking, "Then what's wrong, cupcake?"

She faced the man with the most pleading and hurt eyes he had ever seen. The frown she showed, upset the Soldier more than he could express.

"It's me, Soldier. I'm the problem." She muttered.

Focusing on her reflection once again, she said, "Just look at me, Soldier. I really don't know how you could find me attractive."

(Y/n) saw the American move to stand behind her. He placed his hands atop her shoulders gently, staring at her eyes through the mirror.

"That girl you can see in the mirror," Soldier began, with a huge smile on his face. "I am in love with her."

"Soldier-" (Y/n) was cut off.

"She is flawless." He confessed, as he gave an exaggerated gasp.

(Y/n) watched through their reflection, the way his hands ghosted over her body and rested on her hips. The girl placed her hands atop his.

"She's got a pretty body. Pretty hair." He chuckled, placing a chaste kiss to her neck, before adding, "She has gorgeous eyes too."

"You really don't need to do this." She pouted, spinning around to face the man standing behind her.

Soldier spoke, in his usually gravelly voice. "I will not stop until you call yourself beautiful."

"But, Soldier-" She whimpered.

"Do it." He demanded, though with a soft smile curving his lips.

He placed his hands on her arms, forcefully turning her to the mirror once again. Though the girl bowed her head, avoiding her reflection that she thought was horrendous. Soldier stepped in front of her, tucking some stray locks of her hair behind her ears, before delicately placing a finger beneath her chin to tilt her head up, so he could meet her eyes.

"Now," He started, grinning like a child. "Say it."

"I don't want to." The girl uttered, concealing her face with her hands.

"Please." The Soldier begged.

Removing her hands from her face, (Y/n) shook her head and sighed heavily. She squared her shoulders and looked the American in the eye.

"I'm..." She trailed off, all the while grimacing.

Soldier waited patiently, a toothy smile adorning his face.

"I'm pretty." She whispered.

Soldier laughed. "Yes, you are cupcake!"

Catching the girl off guard, the American picked her up, twirling her about the air, leaving her giggling. When he set her down on her feet, Soldier kissed her roughly. His hand dove deep into her hair, while the other tugged her closer. With her mind being unable to comprehend such sudden actions, (Y/n) stood wide-eyed while the Soldier had his lips pressed against hers. When he could not feel the girl return the sweet kiss, he retreated, gazing at her in confusion.

"Wow, Soldier." She breathed a laugh.

He asked. "To quick?"

(Y/n) nodded in response. Slowly, she leaned towards the man once more, cupping his face lightly, placing her lips onto his. As their lips danced passionately, Soldier chuckled. Once they pulled away, a smile shined on both their faces.

"I love you, cupcake."