(5) Scout X Depressed!Reader

--

If only a hug could heal a broken soul...

"You've got so much going for you, (Y/n)

"You've got so much going for you, (Y/n)." He breathed. "I just don't get it."

The girl pulled her knees to her chest as she sat on his bed, a blanket draped over her shoulders, her head bowed from him all the while. She concealed her face with a hand as she sniffled, new tears rolling over the dried trails on her cheeks. Scout inched closer to his girlfriend, placing a comforting hand atop her knee.

"You wouldn't get it, Scout." She began to sob.

Unknowing of the right move to make, Scout slumped with a long sigh. However, he soon moved to sit beside the girl, where he put an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close to his chest.

Scout muttered, rubbing her arm soothingly. "Do I need to give you a list of reasons why I love you?"

(Y/n) slipped out from his embrace, wiping away the stray tears dripping from her eyes. She hugged the blanket tightly, turning to look back at the boy and noticing him staring at her through pitiful eyes.

In a barely audible whisper, she begged. "Save your breath."

For a moment, he averted his gaze to the floor, thinking for a short while. The girl sighed, catching the Scout's attention, and he stood hastily.

"Why should I?" Scout asked, his voice dead; void of emotion.

Hiding her face behind the blanket, she responded. "Think about it, I'm really not worth your time."

Scout shook his head. "Stop telling yourself things like that."

She argued. "It's the truth."

With a huff, Scout walked towards her. As gentle as ever, he cupped her face in his hands and kissed her softly. (Y/n) never bothered to return the sweet gesture; just his lips pressed against hers was all she felt. Scout pulled away and stroked her hair, aimlessly twirling a few locks around his finger.

"Listen," Scout began. "Let me tell you something."

Just as (Y/n) opened her mouth to protest, Scout shut her up with a quick peck to her lips. He tugged the blanket over her shoulders, seeing it falling from her body. The girl merely stared at him through tearful, pleading eyes, waiting patiently for him to speak.

"You're beautiful." He told, wrapping an arm around her waist.

In disagreement, (Y/n) shook her head and frowned. "Don't lie."

As she began to sniffle once again, and her lips quivered, Scout placed a finger beneath her chin, tilting her head up. He began to sway softly with the girl in his arms, watching as she moved to hug the Scout tightly, slowly calming her self down.

"I can't lie to your pretty face." He smiled, though it went unseen.

She giggled quietly as she buried her face in his chest, her eyes fluttering shut also. But soon, she sighed.

"I'm sorry for being a nuisance." She mumbled into his t-shirt.

Soothingly, Scout rubbed little circles on her back, feeling the girl melt under his touch.

"No, no." he contended. "You're not a nuisance at all."

The girl peered up, seeing a tiny smile on the Scout's face.

"You're sure?" She asked, feeling unconvinced.

"Positive." Comfortingly, Scout smiled. "I've got you, alright."

(Y/n) clutched onto him a little tighter and sighed. "I love you so much."