2. Neil's POV

Staring at my Tissot watch a gift from Ishani, I wondered how long will she take to get dressed. Going from our society in East Delhi to plush Chattarpur farms it was a good 1 hour distance and the diwali traffic would make it worse.

I started getting agitated when I heard the windchimes near my balcony. I peeped from the door and I was speechless Ishani looked like a queen, "are you ready at last?," I asked avoiding those doe eyes fearing she will see my love. "Take out the car I will be down in two," Ishani replied in her soft voice as I heard the bang of her door. I always go to these office parties because I enjoy her company and importantly I know how bubbly Ishani is. She can be a man magnet and I don't want her to fall for any one.

I tell my mother I'm leaving as i grabbed the keys to my pride, my Audi Q3, my car i brought from my hard earned money. I honked the car impatiently the traffic was already scaring me. Ishani entered the car and her subtle rose perfume hit me hard. I wanted to kiss her senseless. "Dapper! Where did you find this kurta pyjama?," she enquired. Well I was dressed in a beige raw silk kurta pyjama with a blue silk Modi jacket. My mother like all typical Punjabi mother's was fretting as I was 29 and wanted me to get married. These clothes were brought for me to wear on these arrange marriage dates she took me on.
"Mom got this for me for meeting girls. You are late and the traffic will be maddening," I grumbled, I had to go 'see' a girl day after. Mom had already decided she would be the one. Apparently every girl was supposed to be the one. But my heart knew Ishani was always the one.
I sulked and drove because looking at Ishani all dolled up flared up the desires I did not want to think of.
After an hour of crawling in heavy Delhi traffic, Ishani spotted a theka and wanted a beer. Hell i needed them more than her to cool down. I sulked as she offered me the drink, my mind was on how to make sure we reach and leave on time. But when Ishani offered the cool drink i grabbed the bottle and finished it in one go. I felt the alcohol seep into my bloodstream and it made me happier. I also messaged my dad's driver the address and told him to take a cab to fetch us later. The party looked great and I saw most of her friends dancing dirty and couldn't help comment, "this is why you love your job. Most of your friends are drunk and happy." I offered her my arm to walk her in like a gentleman should and I met her boss, smiling she took my arm, "Hello Disha! The party looks awesome. Meet Neil," Ishani introduced me to a stunning woman. And then asked,
"Ohh yes it is. Did you get the welcome drink and paan? Is he your fiancé?," as we shook hands. This was uncomfortable but I did not want to be classified as friends only territory so I used the most cliché dialogue ever, "no, we are just friends." Disha replied, "sure," and offered us this potent alcoholic shot that Ishani grabbed and finished in one go. Ignoring the shot I picked the glasses of cold Moet, "fiancée let's go",as she giggled.

I met the friends, Lata who hit on me crazy, Sid who was my cousin brother, ajay, vishal, reet. Dancing and drinking clubbing style began but Ishani was in love with those paan shots. I hoped she knew they were laced with alcohol. I got into the dancing mode and saw Ishani by the bar sipping water. As i walked towards her Disha came with a waiter in tow, " Neil try this citrus passion, its the bartenders special. I picked up the long glass and then on second thoughts i picked one for Ishani, "Your boss gave them to me. Let's share."

We drowned the lemony orange concoction and I ordered two more. They were great and I usually hate cocktails. We were both discussing our mother's latest madness of whatsapping each other when they could easily head out and talk, when Ishani opened her bag, I saw cigarettes. Ishani seemed oblivious to my anger as she clumsily lit one. I ordered a stiffer cocktail and finished it in one go and told her party is over and we are going home. When she pouted and told me she wanted one last drink. I gestured the bartender to repeat our drinks, for the amount of alcohol I had consumed I was surprisingly normal. "When did you become such a bitch? Smoking is not cool Ishani," I said in a hard cold voice I did not recognise. She giggled and said, "i'm showing off."

Before I could fight I saw Reet and Ajay approach us with a bottle if tequila. I snatched the cigarette and snubbed it, "compulsory shots before we hit the card table," Reet said and poured the contents of the bottle in my mouth. The alcohol burned me and before I could stop them Ishani was having her shot. She was wasted! "Driver Bhaiya is here let's go," I stated and got up to leave. My legs wiggled a bit, maybe the drinks were stiff. Ishani stumbled as we reached my car, "baba please drop us home," I told the driver.

We were sleeping on each other's shoulder when baba said, "beta we are home." I tapped on Ishani's shoulder who stirred and snuggled closer. "Park the car and leave," I instructed the driver while rummaging Ishani's bag. She stood holding the door of my Q3 unsteadily. I supported her and opened the door to her house and helped her upstairs to her classic pink girly room.

I wanted to make sure she made it to bed before going home. "Can you help me Neil," Ishani asked in a sweet voice. Being alone in her room at this hour was awkward, "unzip my suit please," my throat felt dry as I nodded yes. Ishani stood in front of me with her back facing me, I shifted her hair to one side and unzipped her slowly. It was like unwrapping a precious gift. I was slow and meticulous. My breath staggered as she removed the shirt completely and stood in a lacy pink bra the color of roses.

The mood in the room shifted as ishani turned and hugged me. With all ounces of self control I hugged her back and held her shoulders to move her till the bed. All was okay until she looked up with that sultry eye makeup and those rich lips quivering to be kissed. And I kissed her slowly at first, then it was out of control. i kissed her deeply with all those years of wait. My hand caressing her body. Before we knew it we passed all thresholds and made love.

Sorry for the late update but will now be updating this story twice a week and the sing above is simply awesome