37. Neil's POV

I had died a thousand deaths today when I saw my Ishani, my fiancée, my love, enter Andy's car with her bag.

I was about to call her when the message from my bank alerting me of a transaction shocked me. Ishani would never use that card, something was up. I received another message from Ishani saying "trust me Neil. Will call you soon."

Now as much as I loved and trusted her, I needed her to tell me what was going on. I called her about 40 times in the course of the next two hours when finally someone picked up, "bhaisaab aapka phone hai yeh? " it was the ATM guard. He told me to come and collect the phone. I was shocked. Ishani had left her phone behind? Did I trust her message or should I look for her? Had she jilted me on the altar as our first wedding event took place tonight.

I calmed myself down and reached the ATM. "Give me the phone you called from. Its my wife's phone." "Bhaisaab keep your belongings safe. You are lucky I saw it first." "Sure" I mumbled and checked her call list. She had called Andy for a long time last night. Precisely when I was waiting for her to ring the wind chimes. I saw she had last received a call from a number which looked familiar. I called that number from my phone and Rianna's name lit up. I quickly cut the phone.

Why had Ishani taken out so much money and was Rianna involved? What was Andy doing? I decided to confront Andy. I trusted Ishani but I needed to make peace. It was 11 in the morning when I called Andy, "hello" "Andy?" "Yes whose that?" "It's me Neil. Where's Ishani?" A few seconds later I heard him speak back "she's out with Rianna. She will tell you herself." Wow! that was rude. "I need to know Andy. Please tell me and I won't speak a word to her." "Neil ask your fiancee, not me. Its not like you care" his indifference was shocking.

"We all have seen Ishani suffer because she loves you. But you seem pretty oblivious." I was beyond angry. This guy who had walked into Ishani's office a month back was so sure, "listen Andy I called because I care. I got her phone from an ATM outside our house. Your is the last number she dialled. I'm scared thinking of shocking scenarios." "She is alright trust her." His voice sounded warmer than the harshness it had earlier.

"Andy I saw your car outside today early morning and its my trust that I kept mum till now. Can you please tell me?" "Persistent aren't we?" Andy laughed. "Honestly Neil I cannot offer a lot except she's in my car with Ree. I mean Rianna."

"Rianna and you know each other? How?" This maze of relationships was consuming me. I was intrigued and scared for Ishani. "Listen Neil I will do you one favour. Please tell Ishani about this call when you meet her". The line went dead.

In the afternoon another message wiped away my trust. It was a transaction worth forty thousand rupees at a jewellery store. I called at the store " hello? My wife just brought something worth forty thousand from your store." "Yes sir" "please tell me what did she pick?" I decided calling her on phone would not be a smart deal. "She just purchased a new mangalsutra." A mangalsutra? Alarm bells started ringing. What was up Ish? I improvised "she hates the old one. Did she come alone? No she came with a bearded guy" Andy that was Andy.

My blood boiled. I kept the phone mumbling thanks. What was Ishani planning? A secret wedding? Running away with Andy. More and more relatives arrived and I played the perfect groom thinking how will I face all when she jilted me. I was in my room when the chimes started ringing furiously.

Ishani I thought and ran to open the door. I was desperate to meet her. I loved her and the thought of her marrying Andy was killing me.

"Ishani come inside and please tell me where were you?" I hugged her thinking about Andy. Her next words put me in a bigger dilemma, "Neil I want the biggest favor just till tonight promise me you will trust me!" "I always have Ish but" I had to know about Andy when she added "and you will not ask any questions?" She looked at me and gave me the best kiss ever before walking out if the balcony.

I stared at her. Didn't this sum up her whole relation? Kiss and walk out. Kiss and cheat? Kiss and miss her like crazy. I was thinking in circles a part of me scared that Ishani no longer wanted the wedding, she did not want it in the first place. Why did Ishani say yes then? Her walk was unlike her, it was of a seductress, a sex idol, she stopped at the door and turned around, "Neil I lost my phone". She did not know I had it. I had also carefully delete all those missed calls and desperate messages I had sent her in those two hours.

Getting ready for your own wedding functions should be exciting but this seemed like the biggest test. Will she come? What about Andy? When will this 'trust me' phase end? I was in the enormous pandal set outside our homes for the pooja. There was one big stage where various idols of Maa Durga were decorated and next to it a smaller stage for the orchestra.

As the announcer called me and Ish she did something unusual. "Everyone I want a big favor from you all". I looked at her questioningly praying that this was about about me and her and not Andy. "A friend of mine has no relatives in India and wanted to marry. I have the sweetest family and told her you ask will help. Am I right?"

Everyone was murmuring when dad said a loud "sure Ishani". " So let's get her married." Please don't let it be her and Andy. Please. Please. When I saw a heavily veiled girl did my breathing return to normal. I grabbed Ishani, "what's this Ishani?" Rianna called out "Ishani can I explain about that night when you caught us in Singapore?" I saw my parents who were right behind her stop to eavesdrop. "It's okay Rianna" I knew they were playing to stall me. However I used this to my advantage at told her the truth that ought to be out two weeks back, "Ish nothing happened. You know that right? Our supervisor James had a minor heart attack and his wife called me." "Ishani he's telling you the truth. I never wanted any misconceptions."

Ishani went up the stage and called Rianna much to my surprise "Ri come up". When the veil lifted I saw Reet, hell that meant the groom was Sid. I smiled at Ishani's spunk but I went into situation control mode.

I quickly told my father the groom was Sid. I took Ishani to my parents room and locked it. I hugged her hard and confessed, "Ishani I'm in awe of you. Today was the weirdest day. I saw you when you sneaked out in Andy's car with that bag, then the cash withdrawal and the message scared me further". I gave her the phone "You left it at the ATM. "I was sure you left me. however I trusted you. Then in the afternoon I got the message for the mangalsutra from the Jewellery store. I called and asked then who and come and with whom. I was beyond angry. But this was admirable."

I had confessed my biggest fears as Ishani smiled "did you think I ran away with Andy?" She hugged me 'come let's go out." "No not yet" my voice was full of emotion. I held her in the tightest embrace. "Ishani I love you"

How did you like this upload? I wanted Neil's version of the entire Reet Sid fiasco. Also the song above is from the movie Bajirao Mastani and its a lyrical love song, I'm in love with.

PPS do vote