26. Neil's POV

Happy weekend people! Do not forget to vote.

I saw Ishani right next to a stall selling Chinese lamps. She looked beautiful like a model, right out of the glossies she read.

She looked up at me and I was excited, I wanted to hold her in my arms, my anger all forgotten. Suddenly I saw her running towards me with such might that she crashed into me.

With a throaty 'hi' she was about to kiss me, when I pushed her away softly. As much as I wanted to kiss her the laws here were pretty tight and I did not want any issues. "Hey Ish" I was about to offer my explanation when I saw how embarrassed she looked."Ish its illegal to kiss we can be fined" "Ohh ohh, I thought you did not want to kiss me" she said. I laughed Ish clearly had the most overactive imagination but her simplicity was still there. I hugged her hard, "How have you been my sweetheart?"

Over the next two hours we talked as Ishani told me about everything wedding related, we ate some yummy seafood, enjoyed beer and I was walking her back to the hotel when I suddenly remembered Sid's call today early morning. "Ish did Sid call you today?" "He called me all hyper and wanted to know where is Reet" I wanted her to tell me the pregnancy bit but I was not sure how. Taking a deep breath I called Sid, "Sid, I'm with Ishani care to tell me what happened?" Ishani looked at me with questioning gaze when Sid burst out "icanttracereet" "what?" We both said in unison. Sid lead out the most un-Sid like howl and cried, "I cannot find Reet, she never went to her mum's place and she is not at her Delhi house too. I did not know about the baby or I would have told her the truth. Guys help me find her please."

I was stunned Reet could be anywhere so I told him to wait as we called him back. From the corner of my eye I saw Ishani call all her friends one by one. I steered her to a Starbucks and got a pen and paper. As she listed everyone she had called. "Andy?" I offered. "Reet is not friends with him." "Unlike you?" I muttered and knew it was not the right time.

So I got up and ordered two venti cappuccinos. It was going to be a long night. I heard her talk softly to Andy and ask him where Reet was. I walked over and heard her tell him that she needed to talk to Reet. She gave me a thumbs up and I sighed in relief. A friend hiding away was bad but a pregnant one scared me.

I saw Ishani write down a number and call on it, "hello?" "Reet?" "Ishani? Did that fool Andy give you my number?" "Reet I was worried. How are you?" She laughed in a tone I couldn't understand, "sure if you say so ishani but when you remove the I love Neil blinkers you remember me." I was shocked and pretended to be busy on my phone. "Reet! I have been so worried about you. Please don't block me out. Where are you?"

"I'm in Mumbai at Andy's old house. I needed someplace to think quietly and I look horrible. Sid is gone from my life and this baby doesn't deserve the stigma the society will place but I want my baby. Ishani please help me," she cried. I think she broke down over the next hour Ishani pacified her as I messaged the address to Sid who was on his way to the airport. It was well over midnight and we sat on the steps in front of Merlion the iconic Singapore sea lion.

"Its late let me drop you back" I got up and gave a hand to help Ishani stand. We took a cab this time, as we were already late. The cab ride was hardly five minutes as Ishani got out I saw her smile and questioning gaze, but I needed to control myself as the work tomorrow began at 5 AM and I had to be there on time. "Night ishani! I will meet you tomorrow. I will text you the address. Let's go clubbing? You need to see the sky bar here, its amazing" "night Neil." I could hear the disappointment in her tone but I did not have a choice.

The cab lurched forward and I reached home in 10 minutes. I paid the cab driver and messaged "tonight was like old times. I'm glad you are here love"

"Ohh that's why I got no kiss?" Ishani was flirting on messages. "Night Ish. See you tomorrow. Dress sexy".

I woke up disoriented at 4 AM lack of sleep, important meetings and your girlfriend 5 minutes away was not the best combination. I quickly dressed and in the middle of meetings called Sid to know the updates and both Sid and Reet yelled back thank you's whilst kissing. I sent the address to Ishani and promised to meet her there by 8 PM. I went back home at 7 packed an overnighter and quickly dressed up in a black tux. I dropped my bag at Ishani's hotel and went over to the Sky Bar, which was located at an high rise and gave amazing views of Singapore. I looked around Ishani was no where to be seen after a few minutes as I was about to call her, I saw Ishani at the entrance and my heart skipped a beat.

She looked sexy in a short emerald green dress which had a bare back and displayed her long legs. Her eyes had minimal makeup and her red lips awakened the animal within me. I wanted to take her to the nearest bed and do things which would not require the dress. "Hey Neil, you look hot" she giggled. I half hugged her and sensed "Ish you drunk?" This feisty woman was the end of me.

PS after the Ishani Neil saga would you want me to pen down a short story on Reet-Sid or Andy-Riaana. Tell me. Next update Monday